THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121758 - 09/21/01 11:41 AM Where to go?
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Where's the latest hot spot at? Was thinking of heading to the Cowlitz/Toutle, Quilcene,Nisqually,Puyallup. Maybe even clear down the the Lewis.

I know the Puyallup is muddier than hell right now.

Taking a fellow bankie salmon fishing.

#121759 - 09/21/01 11:01 PM Re: Where to go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless it rains don't bother with the Quil. There sre some nice silvers just beginning on the Skok if you can tolerate it.

Always FishOn!
Gooose

#121760 - 09/21/01 11:28 PM Re: Where to go?
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
I fished the skok today. There are some ugly, old kings and a few schools for silvers coming up on the high tide. I got a 6 lbs silver C&R and my buddy got a 15 lbs kings C&R. I finally saw for myself the type of stupid crap that goes on there with the indians. I saw probably 20 fish with their bellies cut open and stripped of their eggs.and thrown back in the river. It is pure crap. There was only about 10 people fishing the lower river. So the crowds aren't that bad. Tight lines.

#121761 - 09/22/01 12:05 AM Re: Where to go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tribal and nontribal commercials are only getting about a dime per pound for silvers right now. But the eggs are up to $10 to $12 dollars a pound for silvers and up around $20 a pound for chum. All of it goes to Japan. Skoks were even egging the listed Hood Canal chum hens....apparently they're allowed to keep any of them that die in the beach seine net. Funny how no bucks died in the nets and funny how a netting system that was put in place because it doesn't kill fish seemed to take more hen threatened chums than silvers? Any of us caught with one of these fish would be in violation of state and federal law.

Always FishOn!
Gooose

#121762 - 09/22/01 12:14 AM Re: Where to go?
A D Pose Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Pugetropolis, USA
mad It's not just the Indians, Last weekend on the Skok, I saw a young couple in their mid 20's landing and stripping bright silvers of their eggs and throwing the carcasses back in the river. I tried to educate them of their illegal and wasteful practices, but they ignored me and kept on fishing. It takes all kinds. They also left some garbage behind. It's this stupid, selfish mentality that's going to get these private accesses closed down. If there's many enforcement officers in the area, He's about 6'-2" with dark hair and she's 6' with blond hair, both attractive people except for their ethics. They like to fish a couple of holes below the bridge. I say bust their sorry asses.

#121763 - 09/22/01 02:40 AM Re: Where to go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

A D Pose
The guy in question does he have black hair and a darker skin tone? Is the blonde rather friendly, talkative and handles the pole rather well? If so I have come across these two on the Nisqually several times. Next time I see them I can get a license number for you if you want to follow up. If they are the same I know for a fact they live in Tacoma. Let me know and I can e-mail you some details.

#121764 - 09/22/01 12:37 PM Re: Where to go?
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

I know that it isn't all indians but the ones that I saw had net marks around them. I saw a beautiful hen about 20 that had her bellies cut open.
Indians do have a lot to do with it. I will be on the Quil this afternoon, trying black yarn that is highly recommended by Goose. laugh

#121765 - 09/22/01 11:23 PM Re: Where to go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quil is not the best place to go unless you really want to work for the better bright fish. Only fish I've seen coming in is the last bit of light. Tonite they were some real pigs. Gooose is going to a left hand reel so his other thumb will match his right. They'll be a few scattered throughout the lower river in the mornings. You'll do a lot of hiking to find four nice fish. There are a bunch of dark ones midway up through the top....but personally I'd rather
buy my catfood in the can. rolleyes Plug Puller is that what you found? Need rain real bad. Maybe I could get some tribal friends to do a rain dance. There's mass fish in the salt so if it rains head this way and please harass the ethically challenged but be selective as Gooose met a real nice blonde with two young lads who wanted to know where to take them to learn how to fish legal cool laugh .

Cove RV Park Prostaff(1)
Always FishOn!
Gooose laugh

#121766 - 09/23/01 12:50 AM Re: Where to go?
A D Pose Offline
Juvenile at Sea

SkaGuy-
Yeah that sounds like them for sure. Your description and the mention of Tacoma rings a bell. Got a number to call for enforcement? It's not just those two I'm concerned about, but the example they set for those who don't know any better and then the practice begins to spread. It hurts all of us.

#121767 - 09/23/01 01:42 PM Re: Where to go?
shefisher Offline
Fry

To "SkaGuy" and "A D Pose" and all other vigilantes,
Before you start throwing around descriptions of those who don't follow the rules, please make sure that you know who you're talking about. My husband and I fit the description to a tee and we make our way to many fishing holes, so no doubt you have seen us. In our experiences, not only do we follow the rules, but I have been known to pick up disrespectful fishermen/women's garbage! We both value the ability to fish the waters of Washington state and therefore we take care of our resources! It would be a grave injustice to us and all others who do follow the rules if you decide that you will take it upon yourselves to "get a license" without first actually witnessing wrongdoing!!!!! We would do the same if the tables were turned.
Thank you. mad

#121768 - 09/25/01 10:41 PM Re: Where to go?
A D Pose Offline
Juvenile at Sea

rolleyes With all due respect She fisher, Allow me to make a few points. 1.)Thank you for being conscientious anglers. 2.) If you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about. 3.) As I originally stated, I witnessed the offenses first hand and personalLy wouldn't make a call without positve I.D. 4.) I find it unfair and a bit hypocritical to use labels and state if the tables were turned you would do the same. wink

#121769 - 09/27/01 12:57 AM Re: Where to go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shefisher,

Vigilant:adj. 1.On the alert;watchful

Vigilante:noun 1.One who takes or advocates the taking of the law into one's own hands.
Websters Dictionary.

In no way do I advocate vigilante action, however I do believe in being vigilant and report all and any details to those who do enforce the law. As you know the description given could be one of many on any given river on any given day. If details matched with the ones witnessed by A D Pose the responsiblity of reporting would be up to him as he is the prime witness of the incident. I am deeply sorry if you took offense at the methods I used. In the future I will attempt to be more sensitive and contact witness's in private. Again my sincere apoligies to you and your husband.

#121770 - 09/27/01 01:53 AM Re: Where to go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So this thread started out as a "where to go" thread and now is a pissin match! rolleyes I don't know but it seems appropiate that some people piss someplace else. There's a lot of illegal issues we're all seeing out there and I tried to keep a thread going on this...turned into a "dead horse." I'm going to start a new thread soon for these issues...but for now could we keep the pissin to a minimum?

For those who want to know where to go:
With this rain the Quil is loaded with big pig silvers..... about 500 fish in the closed waters just above the Linger Longer Bridge...they'll be headin upstream as the river rises. Come join me in puttin down snaggers this weekend. The Skok is just filling up with mass chromer silvers now and there's a huge eek eek laugh eek bunch off Bald Point and Tahuyah headin for the Union River if your fishin the salt. Hoodsport hatchery also has mass silvers if you can tolerate he crowd
mad . So there you have it...no pissin..just where to go.

Cove RV Park& Tackle Prostaff(1)
Always FishOn!
Gooose laugh

#121771 - 09/27/01 05:11 PM Re: Where to go?
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

very well said Goose.

#121772 - 09/27/01 07:41 PM Re: Where to go?
eggs Offline
Smolt

Loc: washington
HEY GOOSE WHERE IS THE SKOK IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING?

#121773 - 09/27/01 11:31 PM Re: Where to go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Plug Puller....I wasn't wantin to put anyone down...just refocus things a little. EGG bottom southwest corner of Hood Canal. North of Shelton and South of Hoodsport. Skok is short for Skokomish. Everyone I wouldn't bother with the Quil...there's fish waitin to come in but even if it rains the City Of Port Townsend isn't going to let any additional water downstream of their diversion anytime soon. By that time we've got the Skok online now although that isn't any picnic; the Sop, Hump and Elwha on the 1st; and the Dungie on the 16th. Holy Piggie Silvers! laugh . Gooose is going to live on fresh grouse on biscuits with chantrelle/sausage gravy with a couple of cackleberries sunnyside up on the side until then wink !
Got my new Curado left hander comin too.

Cove RV Park & Tackle Prostaff(1)
Always FishOn!
Gooose
laugh

#121774 - 09/27/01 11:51 PM Re: Where to go?
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
The Quil is loaded with chum. Very few silvers and most are dark. Surprised the river is so low. Never knew Port Townsend controls the flow. Where's the diversion dam? It's time to move on to different water. Hoping to do the Duc in a couple of weeks.

However I did find some chantrelles on my way home.

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Steelheadman ]

#121775 - 09/28/01 01:13 AM Re: Where to go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gooose how can you say that some people should go piss some place else? Seems to me that the third and fourth posting on this thread started out by someone piss'n about the Natives stripping eggs and Natives getting a dime a pound for silvers. Keep it focused and the rest of us will follow suit. By the way if I have offended you in any way with my piss'n, I humbly appolgize. shocked
As for where to go ............hmmmmm Cowlitz nope, Quilcene na, Nisqually maybe, Puyallup good chance there. smile

#121776 - 09/28/01 08:45 PM Re: Where to go?
shefisher Offline
Fry

Thanks all for letting me vent; I apologize if the labels I used in my response offended anyone. We sincerely appreciate the apologies, Ska Guy. We plan on enjoying some good fishing stories, so please don't give up on this thread. One thing is for sure, we all feel passionately about our resources; good luck fishing!

#121777 - 09/28/01 11:13 PM Re: Where to go?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steelheadman there's a diversion a mile or two above the hatchery. The city diverts water from the river to Lords Lake. They're lettin about 27 cfs downstream. Anything above that is diverted. So the rain we got had zero effect. Oh well time to move on to another river. Good chantrelle huntin til then!
laugh
SkaGuy please read those posts again . Did I piss on the leg of anyone in this disussion? What? No? Maybe peed on some Indians which is not what I was referrin to in my later posts. Sure is definite I wasn't aimin for anyone elses boots. Please don't worry about offending me and nothing really intended but "ya better go outside and shake your boots off." And darn it wasn't even me that did it! :p eek Anyway Peace Dude and hey enjoy the fishin.
laugh

Cove RV Park & Tackle Prostaff(1)
Always FishOn!
Gooose laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1442 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |