LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124084 - 10/24/01 12:40 PM what i did to a doughball this weekend!
chumsalmon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bellingham
i couldn't resist, i'm normally a very nice fisherman, but this guy really made me mad! i was fishing a stretch of river where a thread of the river comes back into the main river, creating a point to stand on, between slow and fast moving water. the fish were stacked up in there, and for a short while i had the whole place all to my self, after fishing for about an hour i see this guy come walking down the bar towards me. this is a two person whole, so i figured he would stand above me and fish there, but oh...i was so wrong. he comes down to me and says hey do you mind if i fish below you? this is a total no..no.., and i told him no, i was fishing that spot, and there wasn't really any room for him to stand below me, but that he was more than welcome to fish above me. it was as if i was talking to a wall! then i took a good look at the guy, he didn't have any waders on! so i changed my mind about mid sentence, and said "oh sure go ahead and fish below me! just wade down the gravel point a little bit", and guess what that is what he did! he was in water just past his ankles, and i could instantly see the effects of the cold water on his feet! about ten minutes later, he asks me if i would MOVE so he could stand where i was, and i could trade him spots. at this point i took my stand and told him, i wasn't going to do that! i was real nice about it, i didn't get nasty. well, he decided to stay where he was. he only lasted about another 20 min. and he was done! his feet were so cold he couldn't take it anymore! I loved it! instead of dealing with the guy for a couple of hours, i got rid of him in a 1/2 hour. I was quite proud of myslef! and ya know what shortly after he left, i caught my second hatchery silver and was done for the day! for once a doughball doesn't win!!!!!!! laugh laugh

#124085 - 10/24/01 01:26 PM Re: what i did to a doughball this weekend!
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver, WA
On the other hand you could have moved over a little bit and you both could have fished.

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#124086 - 10/24/01 01:54 PM Re: what i did to a doughball this weekend!
chumsalmon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bellingham
thumper,
let me add a little more to the story, sometimes my fingers don't type as fast as my mind is telling them to, so parts of my story don't make it in there.
the spot to fish from is only about 15 feet in length, standing to far above or below this 15 foot area, your not fishing the hole, i was standing in the lower part of the 15 feet so the only quality part of the fishing hole that was left was upstream of me, which is high and dry. the guy did start fishing there, but only made a few casts. he was fishing spinners i was fishing bobber and bait. two of his cast went blatantly across my line causing a massive tangle both times, and i didn't say anything to him about that. so i don't feel to bad for what i did. i could have been real mean and nasty, but i wasn't, i don't think it's in me, i was very polite and gave the guy every oportunity to fish a quality part of the hole. smile

#124087 - 10/24/01 03:33 PM Re: what i did to a doughball this weekend!
Dr Pepper Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Sequim, Washington
Sounds like you did everything right to me!

http://www.steelheader.net

#124088 - 10/24/01 07:16 PM Re: what i did to a doughball this weekend!
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
Sounds like a good plan to me Chumsalmon. If he was dumb enough to go stand in the water when there was room above you he got what he deserved.

#124089 - 10/24/01 09:30 PM Re: what i did to a doughball this weekend!
dobberbown Offline
Fry

Loc: Oregon
Sounds like to me some well placed passive-aggressive behavior. smile

#124090 - 10/24/01 11:50 PM Re: what i did to a doughball this weekend!
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
I had a smilar thing happen to me. I took my 8 year old cousin to the Quil this year. Bad thing to do. we got there and there was a guy and his son around 18( a little younger than me) and I ask them if I can fish a with them. They so ok and for about an hour we all fish and hook some fish some legal and some snagged (snagged were released of course) At high tide a good amount of silver came in and we were all fishing when I guy walked right in front of my 8 year old cousin. mad I asked the guy to get out of my cousins way and he ignored me. I asked him again and he ignored me all he did was look down at my cousin and flinch like he was going to hit him. my cousin ran up river and was so scared that we had to leave. I didn't say anything more to that guy because he was about 6'2" and 250lbs.
Later on in the year I saw the same father and son as I fished with that day and they told me that about 1/2 hour after I left the game officer came down and wrote him a ticket for snagging and 3 snag fish kept. Well, I guess he got hell over all. laugh
thanks I just had to vent.

#124091 - 10/25/01 12:12 AM Re: what i did to a doughball this weekend!
navigator Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Sequim, WA
Yeah, fishing the dungeness Sat. I worked down the river to the game farm. Found a hole with 3 guys fishing from a stump pile. I watched for 1/2 hour or so, and then started fishing above them in the slack water. This one guy got up and came back up the river 100 feet and threw rocks in the river right where I was fishing from the other side. I couldn't beleive it. He did this about 3 times in 1/2 hour. I guess he was trying to spook the fish back down to where he was, but what a rude A*ole. mad

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: navigator ]

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1395 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |