Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130091 - 12/11/01 11:50 PM boat dealer
RPS Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: CLARKSTON WA USA
Hi I'm looking at buying a boat from Three river marine and was wondering if anybody out there as done any business with them and how it came out. I'm from the east side of the state so don't know these people. So far they have been great to talk to with lots of help.I'm fishing the Clearwater in Idaho for b run fish on wednesday so look forward to reading any post when I get back. thanks for any info I get.
Rps

#130092 - 12/12/01 12:01 AM Re: boat dealer
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
Scott and Rich are great guys to deal with. I have to be honest, I didnt end up buying a boat from them, " North River made me to good of a deal to pass on". I Couldnt belive how nice Scott was when I told him of my choice to buy his competitors boat. He told me he understood and if he could help me rigg it up or be a place for some free advice on how to run the local rivers, just to let him know. That hooked me on Three Rivers right there. I bought the kicker motor, river anchor and remote steering for the kicker from them. Cant tell how much I wish they could of sold me the boat I purchased, would have loved to give them the money rather than someone else.
Let Scott or Rich know that J.R. said Hello. laugh

#130093 - 12/12/01 12:31 AM Re: boat dealer
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
i recently purchased a alumaweld super v from 3 rivers marine in woodinville.i bought the boat through scott weedman,eventually met everybody there and they are all great people.the best thing about this shop is they all love to fish and know how to set a boat up for a fisherman.they also beat all other alumaweld dealers i talked with.i live about 2.5 hrs. from there so most of my work was done over the phone.when i arrived to pick up the boat it was outfitted perfectly with options that only a fisherman would think of.i think it is the extra things that shops do for people that make a great boat shop,these guys will go out of there way to do just that. if you would like to call me about my puchase i would be glad to talk to you.scott

#130094 - 12/12/01 10:41 AM Re: boat dealer
RiverLiver Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, WA,
3Rivers Marine has been the most knowledgeable Boat Dealer I have ever dealt with and I have bought well over 12 boats. I started out working with Dave Lee on the phone putting a 20' SuperVee pkg. together,and then went up on a Saturday to check out the boats and met with Scott Weedman and Brian Nelson who worked with me on my boat package. 3Rivers has a working relationship with Alumaweld because they are the #1 Alumaweld dealer and have designed options that every fisherman would love on a boat that are built at the factory. Scott saved me at least $2,500. By showing me the special options that 3River uses and swapping them for the factory options that I thought I needed. I have called several times checking the status of my boat and have been treated like a king every time; I was never rushed by them so that they could get me off the phone.
Dave, Scott and Brian all fish and it is very apparent in there ability to help you rig your boat the way you want and for your style of fishing.
I give 5 Stars on a scale of 1-5 for Sales, Service and Knowledge. My next boat will be coming from 3Rivers also. laugh
Feel free to e-mail me at scott@warter.com for more info.
Scott

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: RiverLiver ]

#130096 - 12/12/01 11:48 AM Re: boat dealer
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
I worked with these guys some when I was buying a boat, and I agree that they seem like good folks. I ended up not buying the boat from them, because I decided to go with North River, from the guys in Clackamas, who also were good, knowledgable folks.

I'd make sure you look at a North River if you're buying a larger boat. They make a nicely fitted out machine. Check out the Sportster.

#130097 - 12/12/01 11:51 AM Re: boat dealer
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Aunty M:

Can't speak for Scotty, but I do like his new "package", but Verle's wasn't even in the ball park when I have to purchase a new Mercury Motor this past October. I do agree that "it's nice" to purchase locally BUT sometimes with the sales tax in this state, it just doesn't make sense. The sales tax aside, I got a better deal, the motor was in stock, they installed the next day.......so why not???

See ya on the local rivers.....smile, too bad the "silver fishing" has been so bad....hehehehe

"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"...

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#130098 - 12/12/01 12:57 PM Re: boat dealer
centerpin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: The Terrace
Bought a boat fron 3rivers last May,Great guys,good service,no bull****,other dealers should take lessons from Scott,Brian and Dave.

#130099 - 12/12/01 02:29 PM Re: boat dealer
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
I agree with Silver Hilton, if your looking at a inboard v-8 style boat or a larger boat I would seriously look at North River. They had a price that was better than Alumaweld and to be honest a beter built boat. I ordered mine they way I wanted and they delivered it 3 week earlier than the scheduled date. If your looking at an open style like the super vee alumaweld seams to be the leader. I just wish I could have bought my North River from 3 Rivers, would have been the best of both worlds. If you can wait you can really squeeze some price out at the sportsman shows, all the sled builders are there and they know this year is a little tight, so it might be worth it.

#130100 - 12/12/01 03:06 PM Re: boat dealer
cooter Offline
Parr

Loc: Woodland Washington
I bought a North River Ranger and would have to say that the quality of the boat, the service and support have definitely sold me on the North River brand. Check them out. The only disadvantage that I can see is that their open sled maxes out at 22 ft. Whereas the Alumaweld SuperVee maxes out a 23 ft.

#130102 - 12/12/01 04:27 PM Re: boat dealer
Robbo Offline
Captain Love, Trust Me

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA, USA
Every one of the guys (and a gal) at Three River's Marine approach everything they do with a "can do" attitude. There's no belly-aching, no whining, no "we'll try and fit you in next week", just flat out hard work and honesty. I bought a used 23' sled from them because I wasn't in the market for a new one, but if (when) I buy a new sled it will surely be from them. In three words or less...THEY KICK ASS!

#130103 - 12/12/01 06:34 PM Re: boat dealer
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
well,aunty m i couldn't stand the sales manager at verles,their prices sucked and they wouldn't give me what i wanted.the guys at 3 rivers knew what i wanted and how to put it together.sorry,i tried to think of a better way to put it.good luck with your boat they are the best.scott smile

#130104 - 12/12/01 09:48 PM Re: boat dealer
Doubletake Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, Wa.
RPS, I don't own an Alumaweld, but the guys at Three Rivers Marine have been a great help with service and maintenance on my boat and also a wealth of info. Have mostly dealt with Dave Lee and a few of the guys in the shop. Those guys are very good.

Doubletake

#130105 - 12/12/01 10:52 PM Re: boat dealer
RPS Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: CLARKSTON WA USA
I want to thank everyone for the info on three river marine .I'm looking forward to doing business with them . Had great day of fishing on the Clearwater. thanks

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, 20 Gage), 1435 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |