LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108086 - 02/14/01 11:55 AM What it's all about ...
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
A nice note came my way last night ... I'll change the river name and the angler's name to protect the "guilty" / "innocent"

So, I'm getting ready to go fish the "River X" this weekend, haven't been out all year, I've got my leader, my hooks, and begin tying up. And I sit there and draw a complete blank on how to tie an egg loop. I must have tied millions of these damn things, and I couldn't for the life of me remember how.

Then I remembered seeing that you had an mpeg on how to tie egg loops. Thanks!! You saved me mucho frustration and embarrassment, I was going to have to call my buddy and ask him!

Mpeg Lover

In light of the long hours I put into keeping things going / updated ... notes like this mean a lot to me and keep me going ... kind like watching a youngster catch his/her first fish. I appreciate them and am happy to hear that some of you are enjoying the fruits of our labor! Good luck to all!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#108087 - 02/14/01 12:24 PM Re: What it's all about ...
Salmoholic Anonymous Offline
Egg

Loc: Port Townsend, WA USA
Bob,

I took thirty years off from fishing for career and family. The kids are now grown and out and the last few years I have rediscovered my passion for fishing... a large boost has come from this site. I "lurked" for a long time, "borrowing" from your tips section, sometimes remembering, other times learning. Thanks for helping me to connect back to fishing and to the fishing community.

I'm sure there is a financial benefit from your involvement in all of this but I've got to believe that the amount of time involved in doing this site is still way out of whack compared to the monetary benefits derived.

Thank you, too, for takeing the long view and allowing the voices of other guides to be heard on the forum..

This is a nice place to come and visit...

Jeff

#108088 - 02/14/01 04:58 PM Re: What it's all about ...
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Bob,

Think your doin a great job and appreciate the tech advice and the advice given by others on the board. Just thought it would be a good time to say thanx and keep up the good work.

Thank you

Kevin

#108089 - 02/14/01 05:26 PM Re: What it's all about ...
fishaday Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo,WA.
Bob your site is by far the most informative and entertaining site for fishing on the web. Keep up the good work, you always seem to be the frontrunner on techniques and new ideas and I'm sure most everybody appreciates your hard work. I know I do. Keep it up!!! fishaday

#108090 - 02/14/01 05:44 PM Re: What it's all about ...
PiperFLA Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bremerton WA, USA
That goes double for me.

There are two of us in my office that check your site out everyday. one of these days our management is going to block the site from office internet. Its gonna suck having to find a new job... But then again think of how much time I'll have for fishing . Thanks for your hard work I do appreciate it.

#108091 - 02/14/01 06:20 PM Re: What it's all about ...
kore Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carson, WA
Bob,

Really enjoy the site. When things get busy and I can't get out to go fishing, it is nice have some place to go, to curb the pangs....well somewhat. Keep up the good work.
Still looking for the tip on rewraping your oars.

#108092 - 02/14/01 06:22 PM Re: What it's all about ...
schitzo with a berkley Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: edgewood, wa........
i wanna add my thanks to ya bob for all the time and resources spent for our viewing..and also taking time to send me my other screen name info...hope your business is blessed, thanks bob..

#108093 - 02/14/01 07:09 PM Re: What it's all about ...
Fish Chaser Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edgewood,WA
I also have used the Tackle and the tips portion of this web site, for someone just getting into Steeheading I found it very helpful. So my thanks goes out for all the hard work and time you have put into this site.

#108094 - 02/14/01 07:50 PM Re: What it's all about ...
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Good work Bobbo and Corey--to think way back when there were 20 people on this board. Its well recognized!!

[This message has been edited by Coho (edited 02-14-2001).]

#108095 - 02/14/01 08:02 PM Re: What it's all about ...
Aerofly Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
Thank You very much for a Excellent web site.
Your web site has help me understand the importance of catch and release along with so much information on fishing. fromm reels to waders to anything even closely remote.
The web site was produced with the fishermen /women in mind and it is the first web site in my bookmark and the first think I check Every night afetr work. THANK YOU

#108096 - 02/15/01 04:11 AM Re: What it's all about ...
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
I would like to thank you also Bob, a day does not go by where I don't check into this site. Usually I just sit back and read all the fishing stories, rants and raves, etc. But there are times when I have to speak out, and this is one of them.....Keep up the great work and keep us dreamin of Steelheadin when we turn of the Puters and hit the sack. (I usually am up late reading these posts)

Steve Ng....AKA...The FishNg1

------------------
Steve Ng....The FishNg1
99 F-350 Powerstroke 4x4 , 18ft Alumaweld Formula Vee Sled, 115 Yamaha, and now also Campion 215 walkaround, 135 Merc.

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Krijack), 559 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |