LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#109177 - 03/05/01 06:33 PM Fishing Closed Rivers?
heavyhawk06 Offline
Fry

Saw about a dozen guys fishing the Puyallup / Carbon this weekend - which closed on Mar 1. The State has not posted anything at the popular spots. This begs the question: what is reasonable notice for a fisherman to know the river is under an emergency closure? If you are not on-line and don't read the updates in the newspaper, it is possible for a guy to think the river is open as scheduled in the regs. Do the regs state that a fisherman has to periodically check for emergency closures? I'd be curious to see how a game warden would handle this?

#109178 - 03/05/01 06:37 PM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
Finegrain Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Woodinville, WA, USA
He'll write you a ticket faster than you can say WTF.

There's a catch-all caveat in the regs to the effect that it is every license holder's responsibility to ensure that he/she is at the right place at the right time.

Mike
Seattle

Finegrain
Woodinville

#109179 - 03/05/01 09:10 PM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
Cascade Bob Offline
Parr

Loc: Lake Stevens, WA. U.S.A.
Doesn`t that sound reasonable? You should know what your fishing for, and if it is open? Seems like something each fisherman or women should know. Good Fishin` Bob H.

#109180 - 03/06/01 01:32 AM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
Nativepride Offline
Parr

Next time call 1-800-poachers or whatever it is and make some dough for your springer gear!!

#109181 - 03/06/01 12:42 PM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
PiperFLA Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bremerton WA, USA
politely warn them first... they may not no it's closed water. if they dont quit fishing make the call and throw the book at 'em. take their trucks and rods and all their tackle.

#109182 - 03/06/01 10:32 PM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
GreenSauks Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Drop a dime and let the Gammies sort it out!I don't have much sympathy for folks that don't even take the time to learn the regs or just don't care.
The closures were announced well in advance!!

#109183 - 03/06/01 11:57 PM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
First off, it is the fishermen's duty to know if the river is open or not. The fishcops will have a ticket on you ASAP. I agree above, I'd first approach and let them know politely. Then, if they told you to F*@$ off then I'd make me some money calling the 1800#.

If I know the place you're talking about on the Puy, then they don't care either way. I know a few bars we used to call "snag heaven". Most of those guys are into bringing fish in by any means then for the sport of it. So, they'll keep at it until they're caught.

------------------
you haven't lived til you've rowed a cataraft. Friends don't let friends run Outcasts.

Northwest River Fisherman

#109184 - 03/07/01 09:20 AM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
I get people on the weekends all the time on the selective areas as thats what I fish most ask, "can we use bait in here"? As there standing with there driftrod in hand loaded with eggs or shrimp. I tell them no dident you look at the regs before you decided to fish here? They just look at you stupid like and stay behind you out of site or they hide it and get in front of you. I wait till there out of site and get on my cell phone. I dont want them to know I called cause I want them REAMED inside and out! If they see you calling they'll get rid of it.
Theres NO excuse for not knowing the regs for the waters your gonna fish!

Bob D

#109185 - 03/11/01 04:13 PM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nativepride:
Next time call 1-800-poachers or whatever it is and make some dough for your springer gear!!

Nice mentality. Blatant poaching is one thing & should be reported Misinformed is something else entirely. Instead of looking to make money off of other sportsmen, why don't you politely inform them first? Rather than taking your fustration out on your own kind, why don't you direct it where it belongs? Towards the tribes for raping our fisheries while hiding behind their "heritage", towards the comercial fishers for destroying an entire ecosystem in the name of a buck, and mostly towards our Fisheries department for allowing this to go on. Extra money for springer fishing... If things keep up the way they're going you won't have to worry about having springers to fish for much longer.

#109186 - 03/11/01 04:55 PM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
Fish4Fun Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
If I remember right the State only has to give us 24 hours notice on emergency closure. And like posted above it is the "Sportsmans" responsibility to know the regs.

#109187 - 03/14/01 06:10 PM Re: Fishing Closed Rivers?
wish4fish Offline
Fry

Loc: bellingham, wa, whatcom
LAST TIME I CHECKED I WAS STILL A HUMAN, LIKE I AM SURE MOST OF YOU ARE. AND LAST TIME I ALSO CHECKED I STILL MADE MISTAKES, LIKE MOST OF YOU STILL DO. SO NEXT TIME YOU SEE SOMEONE DOING SOMETHING THAT YOU KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD NOT BEING DOING, WHY DON'T YOU STOP AND THINK TO YOURSELF, IS THIS PERSON DELIBERATLY BREAKING THE LAW OR MAYBE JUST MAKING A UNKNOWN MISTAKE. THEN INFORM THEM OF IT. IF THEN THEY CHOOSE TO CONTINUE,
THEN TURN THEM IN. REGS OR NO REGS, WHEN IT COMES TO LIFE AND LAWS WE HAVE ALL MADE OUR FAIR SHARE OF MISTAKES.

------------------

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (DrifterWA, stonefish, darth baiter), 770 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645399 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |