THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110871 - 04/04/01 03:52 AM Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Anonymous
Unregistered

..... yup, Washington and Oregon. I have fished all over the NW region. In my times fishing in Alaska and B.C. I have noticed that in general (not you hardcore experts up there) they aren't as good or scientific about their salmon and steelhead fishing up north. I think that's because they have had it so much easier than us down here because of so many more fish and less people. In our neck o' the woods you have to be really on your sheeyat if you want to be in the hunt for fish. There's not as many fish and there's lots of fishermen. When I fished for a month on the Kenai King run up in AK many years ago I noticed that the most successful guides up there weren't the locals (with a few exceptions), they were the guys from Washington and Oregon! .....

As for my call for more Oregon guys to help you Washington fishermen out on this BB ... well, that's only to get a bigger knowledge and humor base on this site to share info and fun with laugh . Bob and I envision Piscatorial Pursuits being a regional site now. So I hope to see many more Oregonians getting in on the fun here.

#110872 - 04/04/01 11:29 AM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
I'll make you a deal RT. You teach me how them thar Oreogonians catch the big ones and I'll give you rainy day driving lessons. Know anybody who can clue me in on outboards?

#110873 - 04/04/01 11:39 AM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Jellyhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: St. Helens, OR
RT,

I'd be happy to teach them northerners all they want to know about Bass!!!! When it comes to Salmon and Steelies, well, I guess I could pitch in when I come up with a good tech. The only thing I won't tell them is what color of rabbit fur jigs to use for winter fish :p

BTW, the only reason any Oregonian would need a rainy day driving lesson, Is because they're probably CALIFORNICAN TRANSPLANTS. True Oregonians can drive in that stuff. Now snow, thats the killer. laugh he he

Aaron

[ 04-04-2001: Message edited by: Jellyhead ]

#110874 - 04/04/01 11:58 AM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
The next thing you know R.T. Is going to want us huskies to come down there and teach the Oregon guys how to play football and WIN !!! ha ha ha ah ha ha ha.
Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#110875 - 04/04/01 01:16 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Hugh Heffner Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Playboy mansion
If the Oregon boys can dish out a butt kickin' in June on the S. Santiam, then us Washingtonians will eat crow. If the Washington boys dish out a butt kickin' down there, then we will know that we have superior fishermen and football team. laugh

#110876 - 04/04/01 01:36 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
The Floatilla King Cometh.... wink .....Os

#110877 - 04/04/01 03:08 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
SteelieSteve Offline
Alevin

Loc: Wilsonville, Oregon
RT ya know somebody has to take hey_yall and teach him the difference between crappie/sqwawfish and steelies and salmon... OS do you need teaching also? As for the Sflys repeated lippen bout his dawgs.seems to me that the U of W spends about a billion dollars more on there sports program than the poor lil ol U of O wink laugh smile :p

#110878 - 04/04/01 03:40 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
fishaday Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo,WA.
So it begins, the inevitable washington/oregon power struggle smile smile . RT are you trying to divide and conquer???? Is there any REEL way to decide where the cream of the crop among NW fishers reside? How will we settle this........? Maybe we should go by sheer poundage, I'm 6' 2" and weigh 250# eek ,how bout you?

#110879 - 04/04/01 03:55 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
finclipped Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver
I won't be down there but my money is on the local boys. I have floated it one time and it was a very enjoyable day.

The Ducks need to learn football from the Huskies? Next thing you know, all those Seattle fisherman will be telling us how to catch Columbia Springers. :p

#110880 - 04/04/01 05:18 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
Fishaday: RT has you beat. The guy chugs donuts by the box and chases them with malts (beer). he goes 6'7" and 350 more or less (I think a lot less) laugh

I guess his post about needing more orygun guys on the board is so we can teach them something.

I know he is spending more time in Wa fishing then in or. Must be the quality of the streams, people and fish on this side of the big river.... laugh

Remember RT you asked me to get it going....so here I go.... eek

Giz...

#110881 - 04/04/01 05:55 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
RT, come on you allready know the answer to this one. You were so glad to ride in a washington boat that you washed it for SF in hopes that you could ride in one again. :p

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#110882 - 04/04/01 05:57 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
I'm willing to learn from who's ever teachin laugh laugh But as for the dawgs spending more than the your little U or O thats because the dawgs MADE a billion dollors more :p :p And if we go with go with wieght ya gotta figure we got Timber on the Washington side because that boy is just plain big. Either that or we can arm wrestle again. eek jk. Kev.

Tight lines

Kevin

SRBC

[ 04-04-2001: Message edited by: Kevin ]

#110883 - 04/04/01 06:49 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeeeehaaaaaaaaaw! This IS gonna be fun. Just remember all the WA vs OR football and fishin spam is ALL IN FUN. There was no degenerating into bs here and that's really cool. Thanks guys, and let's get it on laugh .

Chuck N Duck, I will be puttin on lots of top fishing tech posts on here, and I know how to drive in rain and snow. So will you just teach me how to drive around in Seattle and actually get to where you want to go?!? smile ...

And 'Fly buddy, the Dawgs will have their chance to 'teach' the Beavs how to play fuuutball at Reser Stadium soon enough! ...

Yes Os, you were the Floatilla King that saved the day for us, with a little help from Dan. So 'we aren't worthy, we aren't worthy'. rolleyes Remember the south (Oregon guys) will rise in Floatilla II on the S. Santiam on June 2nd. If you have the nards to show up it will forever be known as "Revenge of the South", muh hahaha. ...

Fishaday, I'm 6'3" and 247, so you've got me be 3 lbs. If Gizmo would just stop throwing donuts my way I could widen that margin downward - I hope. Geez I've had it with this friggin beer belly. It's gotta go! ...

So, lets hear some more about "who's da man" or the state or whatever. smile

#110884 - 04/04/01 07:26 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
Well you know, it was only last saturday that the crew and I fished the lower Columbia with a bunch of boats that had OR on the bow, in fact their were a dozen of them bunched up around us when the sun came up. I was a little on edge about this for we were the only Wa boat there, plus I heard banjo music playing in several boats, along with pig noises. There were 20 fish hooked and six were our boat, if you do the math RT you'll have the answer to who rules the water :p

#110885 - 04/04/01 07:35 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Brad, it's pretty hard to keep a pig happy and watch your fishing rod tip at the same time, ya know. Those must have been OR's farm country boys, not the heavy hitters. smile jk ... I do know that Os can keep a pig happy and catch fish at the same time - he's a wunderkind! And 'Yall (hey_yall) can play the banjo with his feet and catch fish or play another of his fav instruments at the same time, easy. eek

RT

#110886 - 04/05/01 03:07 AM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
6'3"....247!?!?!?!? I still got ya by a pound or two RT....I dont know if I believe that 247!!!seems a little low to me wink

OK we fish then we arm wrassle ..that way I will be giving you Oregonians an edge because I will have fought fish all day and your arms should be nice and rested muh ha ha ha ha ha..Except for the right arm curls with the BEER that you drink..but hey I will be doin that too.

So the way I have it figured you Boys might have a chance!!!!!

#110887 - 04/05/01 09:56 AM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
Minnesota - Nuff Said laugh laugh laugh wink wink

#110888 - 04/05/01 11:33 AM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Hawk-I grew up in Minnesota. Fished hard and guided in the Boundary Waters off the Gunflint Trail,eh. Played hockey before learning to walk-Mahtomedi,MN. I moved (mived)here 10 years ago. Why? I love to fish and its a beautiful place ( and I became a wuss from the cold weather). Not to take that away from MN. But we got the BIG UNS (Steelhead and Salmon) and Timber-he big boy. We even have a few good hockey players from Seattle/Portland-and of course Vancouver, BC.

SRBC

#110889 - 04/05/01 05:41 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
Oh,Oh,Oh, Great topic my favorite was when I was fishing Garibaldi docking at the old mill marina and the local's sunk my boat overnite to try and slow me down!! The marina folk were so pleasant as to get me right back up and running,boy I was hot in more than one way,Washington rules no worrys mate!!!!

#110890 - 04/05/01 07:15 PM Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....
float'n'blade Offline
Fry

Loc: Chilliwak, BC
BC is where the talent is at. I always get a chuckle when I see a WA liscence plate at the river. You American boys stick out like sore thumbs with your 9ft rods and coffee grinders, bottom bouncing when all the locals are fishing floats. You cant get a good drift with a 'grinder......must be your bass fishin' roots!

MWL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (SpoonFed), 1376 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |