Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#125418 - 11/04/01 03:39 PM Warts
Doubletake Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, Wa.
Did anyone or everyone, know that Wiggle Wart colors were all changing to bass colors? Went to Sportees in Redmond and was shown the catalog of new colors, didn't see any I recognized, does this mean that all the steelhead and salmon warts are not being made any more? Thanks for the input.

Doubletake

#125419 - 11/05/01 12:05 AM Re: Warts
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
Apparently Rapala has bought Storm and is changing the model line. I figure that they will screw with it for a year or two, and then figure out the steelhead was a valuable niche for them, and bring the color back. I am buying everyone in the good colors that I can lay my hands on, figuring that it will be a few years before I see them again.

#125420 - 11/05/01 12:09 AM Re: Warts
Bobber Down Brad Offline
Alevin

Loc: Portland
Heard the same report about storm being sold. also heard that metalic,salmon and steelhead colors may be discontinued. Stock on your favorite colors while you can.

#125421 - 11/05/01 02:58 PM Re: Warts
tilla Offline
Parr

Loc: Portland
I bought some all white Wigglewarts and painted them with Fishermun's Florescent Pink. It was the only plug that produced Sat on the boat. Then I went and picked up more, guess I'll have to make my own color/patterns for now. rolleyes

#125422 - 11/05/01 03:32 PM Re: Warts
finclipped Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver
I bought a few at Joe's today and the guy behind the counter told me that Wiggle Warts are going to be sold to some small manufacturer. I think it was called Brad's. He said we should be able to continue to buy the best colors when the new manufacturer takes over. I noticed today that the bills were clear on the new Wiggle Warts and yes, more bass colors.

#125423 - 11/05/01 09:16 PM Re: Warts
AllThumz Offline
Fry

Loc: Albany, Oregon
I've wondered if companies like Storm and Heddon farm out some of their painting to third parties, selling particular colors in certain areas. I've never seen the solid metallic and fluorescent colors in any of their catalogs; "cop car" schemes are available from both companies, yet not listed (although a "Panda" is now available for the Tadpolly), and Mag Warts are not shown at all, but a new Mid Wart is.

I wonder if "Brad's" is the wobbler folks.

Tadpollies

Storm Lures

John

#125424 - 11/05/01 09:41 PM Re: Warts
Doubletake Offline
Returning Adult

I have been told by a few different store managers that the steelhead/salmon colors are being discontinued. I hope that is an incorrect statement. Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Doubletake

#125425 - 11/05/01 10:38 PM Re: Warts
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Brad Schoenborn bought the wiggle wart line.He also has the alvins,and B.S.Fishtales,tackle.He's the buyer for the fishing Dept at Bobs surplus in longview.Next time I see him or my fishing partner sees him we will find out what his plans are for the wiggle warts and let you know.

#125426 - 11/06/01 10:03 PM Re: Warts
Anonymous
Unregistered

At first I didn't believe the rumors about this. But it has been persistent and seemingly credible. So recently when I was at GI Joes they had them on sale for $3.88 so I bought 50 of them in various productive colors, and several in mostly chrome to custom paint on. Better safe than sorry, eh?

RT

#125427 - 11/06/01 10:18 PM Re: Warts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Talked to Brad a week ago and yes he did buy the rights to make "Warts". They had just finished testing and the action on them is said to be identical to Storm's. They will be on sale at the Sportmans show in Feb. He's calling them Brad's Wigglers and also Allsports has ordered them for distribution to local NW stores. So all you have to do is make it till February and we will be able to get these again.

#125428 - 11/06/01 11:38 PM Re: Warts
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
Some of the tackle suppliers still have the old wiggle warts in stock. We just ordered some chrome/blue herring bone. If you are looking for warts talk to someone at a sporting goods store that does the ordering.

#125429 - 11/07/01 12:03 AM Re: Warts
Doubletake Offline
Returning Adult

You may still be able to pick some up at Sportco in Fife. I ordered some HB and they still had some left. Good luck all

Doubletake

#125430 - 11/07/01 12:44 AM Re: Warts
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Like any thing that is sold buy the original longtime manufacturer and the new guy changes something or it is made at a different place. The new version always seems to suck , so I would not put much stock into the new ones until they prove as productive as the old.
Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1294 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645376 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |