Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127564 - 11/20/01 11:40 PM FLOTILLA DECEMBER 15
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: tigard,oregon
Keith (Sthdr1) brought up the issue of having a Flotilla before Christmas. I spoke with him and a few other board members and we decided on Saturday, December 15 on the Lewis River near Woodland Washington.

As with other Flotillas, not everyone will be able to make it do to other obligations. There will be other Flotillas after this one, for those that can't make it.

We chose the Lewis for a few reasons. One, it is not affected nearly as much as some rivers by rain. Two, it has enough room for the boats that will show up. Three, it will accomodate both sleds and driftboats. Four, it is an easy river to row for those that drift it, and it is easy for sleds to navigate. Fifth and most important, it has fish.

There are two ramps to put in at. One is the "Meat Hole" and the other is the Happa ramp. They are both near each other, with the "Meat Hole" being above Happa. The Happa ramp is brand new. Both are nice launches for either type of boat. Drift boaters should consider the "Meat Hole" as it allows a little more fishing time, as well as some good water before Happa.
Take outs are at the golf course or just below the golf course, both good ramps.

I will try to arrange a place to meet after fishing. There are no pizza places in Woodland, but Kalama, 10 miles north has a couple. I will let you know as soon as I can.

Please post if you will be able to make it, so I can have a semi-accurate head count.

I will post directions to the ramps, with mileage from I-5 this weekend.

Troy

#127565 - 11/21/01 12:24 AM Re: FLOTILLA DECEMBER 15
buzzerbaby Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Longview, WA
There used to be a pizza place called park place pizza on the west side of town, its been a few years since I've been there though.

#127566 - 11/21/01 01:36 AM Re: FLOTILLA DECEMBER 15
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about a pub with burgers in Woodland after the 'lessons' on the NF? smile Or Jack (Thumper suggested a mid-day lunch at the Lewis R. Golf Course. Or after fishing would be good there too. They have plenty of eats and suds, and it's right there. Good place for Wassie's to present awards to us Oreos. laugh

Count me in on the 15th for F III on the Lewis. A lot of steel with be in there by then.

btw, driftboaters without access to a small kicker motor - the NF has a lot of holes that are easy to row up river near shore where the current commonly slows or even eddies upstream somewhat. Better with this than other rivers such as the Cowlitz, so you can keep re-working the holes if you want.

Like Keith, I will be out of town over the holiday, and back by Sunday night. But Troy (Spooled) can answer any possible fishing Q's about this great river - except how to catch fish in it. wink

RT

#127567 - 11/21/01 02:09 AM Re: FLOTILLA DECEMBER 15
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
Just a point for those with db's and which ramps to use. I would suggest putting in on the hatchery side of the river and taking out at either the golf course or island ramp. This way you won't have to drive as far with your shuttle rigs. It is about 4 miles from the golf course to the hatchery. If you launch at the Cedar creek or Happa ramps you have to go 28 miles r/t to shuttle instead of 8 r/t.

The other suggestion would be to have a kicker motor as if we get rain and they increase the river flows above 6000cfs it might be a little hard to row back up or hold in some good water.

Giz...

#127568 - 11/21/01 10:27 AM Re: FLOTILLA DECEMBER 15
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
I'll be there with a boat load of Oly guys!!! Sounds like a fun time!!!
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

#127569 - 11/21/01 01:40 PM Re: FLOTILLA DECEMBER 15
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Poker Petes in downtown Kalama has pizza and sandwiches....plus beer for cooling down after a hard day of fishing or hunting.

#127570 - 11/21/01 01:42 PM Re: FLOTILLA DECEMBER 15
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
I think you guys should wait for the rivers to freeze over and then you won't have to worry about them blowin out. laugh laugh

#127571 - 11/21/01 01:53 PM Re: FLOTILLA DECEMBER 15
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
I'll be there with my 26ft.sled with jet skies in tow. eek

Parker ya gonna be there? laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 1466 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |