Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133518 - 01/04/02 09:15 PM Just about drowned today
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Here's the deal. I bought a pontoon boat about a month ago and today was its maiden voyage. We put in on this little river I know and about fifteen minutes into the trip, as I'm back oaring around a big root wad, The #$%^%$@! seat comes off of the frame! I lost my balance and went over backwards, right off the back of the boat! The boat and I were swept into the root wad and the boat got sucked under and popped up on the other side. I made it to shore (barely) and was able to find both the boat and the seat. When I looked at the seat to see what the hell happened, The studs had actually pulled out of the seat. It looks like they were glued in at the factory. The psser about the whole thing is that when I went into the water, I lost a custom tied loomis with a vintage ABU Cardinal 4 on it. The seat is obviously faulty, otherwise it would've held together a little longer than 15 minutes, so I think I should be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price of the boat, but I also feel that the manufacturer of the boat owes me a new rod and reel. Do I have a leg to stand on?

#133519 - 01/04/02 09:42 PM Re: Just about drowned today
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
I would give um hell. Have the retailer help you
lobby for your renewal. Save defective parts that
can show that it was there fault that you had to
fight for your life. This is a very serious matter. What about teh others that could die because of this defect? confused lots of luck and thank your lucky star that you are still with us. smile

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#133520 - 01/04/02 09:50 PM Re: Just about drowned today
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Not to bash the brand, but I have been considering boat #4, which would be a cat type boat. What brand/model? This way I can check it out. Maybe if the seat is the only weak spot, I could repair it first, then have a safe boat if the price is right.

Sorry about the dunking and loss of gear. I am glad you made it.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#133521 - 01/04/02 09:51 PM Re: Just about drowned today
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
Glad you are still here to tell the story!

Document everything with pictures and in writing. Your thoughts and how you feel will be conveyed much better if it is written right away.

I think that you have a good case for a lawsuit for mental anguish, at least to make them fix this flaw.

I doubt if you will get anything for your loss of gear though....

#133522 - 01/04/02 11:05 PM Re: Just about drowned today
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

OK no more Krispy Kreme donoughts for you!! laugh laugh laugh Just joking :p Glad you werent injured!!! rolleyes

- Albert Einstein.

#133523 - 01/04/02 11:18 PM Re: Just about drowned today
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
I think you have a very good leg to stand on. I would ask for a complete repair if you really like the cat and rod/reel replacement, or your money back plus rod reel replacement. This is custom ordered for small claims court if they refuse. Their negligent design created the opportunity for your loss, not to mention the personal risk. If its not to far of a drive, get a photo of the location on the river so you can prove you weren't abusing the craft, as well as photos of the damaged studs on the boat. Also, price out your gear in advance for 'like' replacement.

#133524 - 01/04/02 11:26 PM Re: Just about drowned today
Anonymous
Unregistered

#1 in my book LZZ is your alive...#2 same thing...#3 I'd be pissed as all get out too. Definitely should see compensation for your losses due to faulty workmanship that put your life at risk. Let us now how it goes...internet word of mouth can be powerful in making up their minds of what the right thing to do is.

Gooose

#133525 - 01/04/02 11:40 PM Re: Just about drowned today
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Yeah, time will tell. The brand of the boat is Waterskeeter, and I bought it in Portland at a place called Fisherman's. I E-mailed the owner of the boat manufacturer and told him what happened and what I expect to be done about it. He very well may tell me to take it up with Fisherman's, in which case I will. Rest assured though, somebody is going to be held accountable

#133526 - 01/05/02 12:08 AM Re: Just about drowned today
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
i would F-in regulate! this is rediculous mad . they should repay you for everything! not to mention the fact you could have gotten hypothermia and almost died.i dont know if you can but if they dont repay you you should try to sue them.
RAISE SOME HELL!
Tyler
P.S. let us know what happens with this whole thing

#133527 - 01/05/02 12:50 AM Re: Just about drowned today
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
Zo, I'm just glad you made it, man.

Who else out there would make me bust a gut along the bank by explaining some of the posts you made (and yeah, this is coming from one of those B*$t@&ds at Boeing smile

Seriously, I had a scare with a root wad once when I carelessly chose to cross above one. Lucky to be walking, and I won't do that again.
Really amkes you remember to iss the wife and kids.

Hope to fish with ya sometime soon,

Fisherdan

#133528 - 01/05/02 12:56 AM Re: Just about drowned today
kore Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carson, WA
Glad you got out OK.

#133529 - 01/05/02 03:13 AM Re: Just about drowned today
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Man, there ain't nothing worse than equipment failure! If you don't have confidence in your equipment don't bother. rolleyes

#133530 - 01/05/02 05:52 AM Re: Just about drowned today
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I'm glad you came out in 1 piece, what an expierence huh.
they're gonna fight you lzz just so you know they most likely will give you a full refund on the boat but the rod kiss it goodbye.
So here's the plan your 2 buddy's THAT WERE THERE! need to be witness in small claims about how you injured your neck and back due to faulty equipment.
A little hint though don't get greedy just enough to cover expense's i.e. gas to the hospital, hospital bill, rod, reel, tackle, wader's that now have punctured hole's, shoe's that were lost, clothes that were torn,seat in the rig that was ruined due to water damage from the clothes that managed to stay on your back, and last but not least let's not forget about trauma.
If you present all of this to the mfr. of the pontoon and pinpoint on a map were your reel an rod are i'm sure that they'll either go retrieve it or get you a new one as long as you drop the case.
If for some odd reason you feel compelled to follow my twisted advice please let us know the company's policy and follow up to your prob. as we will take steps to oust them if they don't do right.
cool

#133531 - 01/05/02 09:03 AM Re: Just about drowned today
ynotfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: goldbar,wa
you might also mention you are quite adept at use of the internet and would hate to drag their good name through the mud with so many potential customers... the last thing a retailer wants.
good luck i think you deserve a full refund for all your equipment the boat should be repaired and given to you free of charge and then some
mike

#133532 - 01/05/02 09:05 AM Re: Just about drowned today
ynotfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: goldbar,wa
ps contact an attorney

#133533 - 01/05/02 10:10 AM Re: Just about drowned today
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
LZZ - Glad to hear you are O.K. Worst case equipment can be replaced. You can never be. Nothing else like that to give someone respect for the water!!! Hope you were wearing a PFD.

I would certainly expect at least a refund of my money plus something for mental anguish. Legal advice would certainly be advised in this case. Also would not hurt to let them know in a non threatening manner that lots of the guys you talk to on the internet thought you should seek compensation. That way you are not threatening openly which would have a negative impact in court but get the message across that their name will be mud if they don't handle this correctly.

Again glad you are O.K.

#133534 - 01/05/02 10:40 AM Re: Just about drowned today
gillraker Offline
Fry

Loc: SW Washington
Bobbers...glad to see you recommend an atorney!
That should have been the first thing...let the atorney write the letter to the manufacturer! Let the attorney write the letter to the retailer. I am not an attorney! Your life is a serious matter! Glad you still have it by the way! My .02 is that I wouldn't handle it, step out of the way and let a pro.

Gill

#133535 - 01/05/02 11:36 AM Re: Just about drowned today
Straydog Offline
Parr

Loc: Grants Pass, Or.
It would seem to me the first thing to do would not to be contact an attorney.

It would seem to me the first thing to do would be to contact the manufacturer and give them an opportunity to make it right. Then, if need be, contact an attorney.

I am thinking it is very likely that Waterskeeter dosen't need or want the bad press this getting them already, not to mention how much it could down the road.

I would contact them with the problem and get a sense for their reaction and attitude before you start paying attorney's and making up false statements to try to get your gear investment back.

The person that suggested all the torn clothes, bad backs, etc etc to get 'just' compensation is perpetuating an attitude that has gotten our society to be the most sue-happy attorney pleasing court binding societies in the world.

The attitude of "sue the *******s!" should be held as a last resort.

#133536 - 01/05/02 11:48 AM Re: Just about drowned today
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Orygun
ZO eek
I couldn't agree more with Bobbers. If your situation isn't exactly the reason we still tolerate the existance of Attorneys among us, I can't imagine what is.
Go hire the sleazyest shyster you can find and hit the manufacturer of this crap for every thing you can get! This is the only way to interupt the flood of shoddy merchandise on the market today.
I wouldn't be a bit suprised if this wasn't entirely due to NAFTA.
On a more serious note, I am glad you are still around to have posted this thread. You dodged a bullet big time, many thanks to the Supreme Being of your choice!
GRUMPY

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

#133537 - 01/05/02 12:51 PM Re: Just about drowned today
screaminreelron Offline
Smolt

Loc: Roy,Wa
How do you spell......L A W S U I T. tell both Fishermans and the maker they can save both time and money and make you even. Otherwise, you'll probably be driven a new Willie Preditor or Super Vee wink laugh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 501 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |