Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#135938 - 01/18/02 08:38 PM Forks river access
mawdet Offline
Parr

Loc: Des Moines
You guys helped me out so much with my last post I'm gonna try again.
Another week or so until my annual "Take the Father-in-Law fishing..Stay in the will" trip. We have mostly fished the hoh (bar by the mouth and Oxbow)and the hatchery hole on the boggie. Are there any more "easy access" places to take him around Forks where he stands at least a fair shot at a hookup? His knees are starting to go, and he can't climb or hike like he used to.

Any info would help. Thanks

#135939 - 01/19/02 01:08 AM Re: Forks river access
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
I havent dont a whole lot of bank fishing on the OP but I can tell you from the little that I have done, the Hoh has the most and the easiest.

Just take the the road that runs along the northside of the river and head East and there are more then a couple spots that you can easily walk into.

Same thing goes the for the Queets as well. Take the road that follows the southside of the river into the National Park and you will find plenty of easy bank access.

#135940 - 01/19/02 09:35 AM Re: Forks river access
Ron Bob Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carnation, wa
On the Hoh all the river above 101 is barbless no bait but there is tons of access. If you take the road westbound just north of the 101 bridge about 2 to 3 miles there a well traveled road to the left it takes you to the cotton wood campground. you can drive right out on the bar. Lots of places there.

If ther Hoh is out fish the Sol Duc it rarely is blown. If you go north out of forks about 5 miles or so on your left is a park this time of year it is closed. Its a Boise cascade park I think. Park there at the gate and fish the corner from the bridge down. Accross from the park is the road to the hatchery. There is a great place right at the boat ramp and just below. We usually fish this one on the way over as we are coming from P.A.

If those don't work E-mail me.

have fun

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Ron Bob ]

#135941 - 01/19/02 12:21 PM Re: Forks river access
mawdet Offline
Parr

Loc: Des Moines
Thanks guys.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 1408 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |