I finally entered the 21st century and recieved a digi-cam from Santa...who would have thought it would have taken me this long...

Anyways....I have the most difficult time getting my computer to reconize the camera.

It is a Canon A-40...I am running Windows 98 with 2 USB Ports.

I have ran my scanner off the USB Port without a problem in the past (although when I first loaded it, I had intermitent trouble getting the computer to pick up the scanner)...but I havent had that problem since!

I loaded all the software and got the camera plugged in all ready to go and NOTHING! As soon as I run the software and choose to download the picutres, the camera should kick right in but it doesnt.

Reloaded the software...still nothing. Now when the camera is hooked up to the computer...a little green light should pop on and the LCD screen should turn off...it does none of that.

Went to Canon's site to download a driver and the driver it provided me was the same driver that was included with the software.

I tried running it off differnt ports...restarting my computer on numerous occasions and unhooking my scanner etc. etc. and I get nothing.

The second time around, I did get the window that pops up and says your computer has detected new hardware but after that, the camera did not react nore did the computer.

Any suggestions??? confused

Thanks! beer