LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1027220 - 03/30/20 09:33 AM Urns In China - More Bad News....
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Apparently there is an annual tradition in early April of saying goodbye to loved ones in China so people are getting their family member’s remains in urns. Apparently the dead numbers are 4X worse than they said, maybe more.

You can find several articles about it if you need more bad news.

Italy is probably a better representation of what we can expect here, that is about 1/10 dead and probably half or more need a ventilator.

Tell the people you care about you love them because death is knocking on doors.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1027221 - 03/30/20 09:36 AM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Evotard, that would be approximately 500-1000 times deadlier than the flu.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1027225 - 03/30/20 10:48 AM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Three people I know have tested positive for COVID-19. Two are recovering; one died a week after being hospitalized. It's real, and it isn't the flu. The death of that friend really caused me to change my thinking and behavior regarding this illness. When more folks have family and friends fall victim to this disease, and they will as the curve rapidly rises, our Governor's directives will be taken more seriously.

#1027226 - 03/30/20 10:50 AM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I was told if you washed your hands, everything would be fine.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1027228 - 03/30/20 11:02 AM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
This is something that should be taken seriously. This is much worse than the flu. It just hasn't been subject to the interval of time which is why we don't see large numbers yet like what is seen with the flu. If the numbers reported to this point are accurate (they likely might not be) the death rate is over-represented because we don't know exactly how many people have been infected since many people aren't tested and show mild symptoms.

#1027229 - 03/30/20 11:05 AM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Dan S.]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

You got the "short" version. The unabridged version reads, "Wash your hands, glove up, surgically scrub your gloved hands with sanitizer, and don't touch anything...especially your face. Everything will be fine."

Oh, and stay home, too.

#1027231 - 03/30/20 11:11 AM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: CedarR]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Originally Posted By: CedarR
Originally Posted By: Dan S.

You got the "short" version.

rofl

#1027236 - 03/30/20 01:03 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
They're finding out more about airborne spread as well. Initially they concentrated on droplets on surfaces being spread by touch but are now finding out that vaporized breath - not just cough spreading large droplets - can hang infectious levels of virus in the air for 30 minutes to 2-3 hours. Look up the story about the choir practice that infected over half the participants (30+ positive tests and a couple deaths thus far) even though there was no one there with symptoms and they practiced social distancing. This happened locally in Mt Vernon.

#1027244 - 03/30/20 01:48 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Streamer]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Streamer
This is something that should be taken seriously. This is much worse than the flu. It just hasn't been subject to the interval of time which is why we don't see large numbers yet like what is seen with the flu. If the numbers reported to this point are accurate (they likely might not be) the death rate is over-represented because we don't know exactly how many people have been infected since many people aren't tested and show mild symptoms.

This is true, but I think they may revisit some folks who died of influenza in December and January, they may have actually died of this, too.

While I think our empirical death rate is probably lower than it seems to be on paper, wait until the hospitals are overwhelmed and less of the infected get adequate treatment...that empirical death rate will rise then, too.

In any event...if we are quibbling over whether the death rate is 2%, or 3%, if 100 million people get infected we are talking a pile of bodies, no matter what the death rate is when it's all said and done.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1027252 - 03/30/20 03:47 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Streamer]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Streamer

I think I heard that only 55k have been tested, as of a couple days ago. Went to Chinamart this morning...pretty well stocked, never seen so few People there! YAY!
Had a worker sneeze about 5 feet away from me...ugh. I told the checker thanks for working she seemed to appreciate that. Most money I ever spent at a grocery store 218.00...not counting Costco. I'm good for 2-3 weeks.

1k rounds of 5.56....check.
1k rounds of .380...check.
About 600 rounds of .40.....check.
1k rounds of 9mm....check.
10-12k rounds of CCI .22LR..check.
100 rounds of .308..check.

Neighbor's all shoot....LOVE RURAL LIFE!! STAY THE FUGG OUT..BEACHES ARE CLOSED. Stay safe!

EVO-19 where are you Pimp?? Hope Katie is good.

- Albert Einstein.

#1027253 - 03/30/20 03:52 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Sol Duc]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

If anyone get's desperate for Ammo....send me a PM...and if I like you smile we can work something out..at cost. thumbs

Edited by Sol Duc (03/30/20 03:53 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#1027255 - 03/30/20 03:55 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Sol Duc]
AcidAngler
Unregistered

Are you gonna shoot the virus?

#1027256 - 03/30/20 03:56 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: CedarR]
AcidAngler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: CedarR
Three people I know have tested positive for COVID-19. Two are recovering; one died a week after being hospitalized. It's real, and it isn't the flu. The death of that friend really caused me to change my thinking and behavior regarding this illness. When more folks have family and friends fall victim to this disease, and they will as the curve rapidly rises, our Governor's directives will be taken more seriously.
Was your friend old or have existing conditions? I'm sorry for your loss that's tough.

#1027257 - 03/30/20 04:05 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: ]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

He was 79, no obvious medical issues, other than age. Active and feeling fine on a Monday. Started feeling ill on Wednesday, hospitalized on Thursday and passed away the following Friday after being on life support. Wife also tested positive, but is recovering at home.

#1027259 - 03/30/20 04:07 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: CedarR]
AcidAngler
Unregistered

That is tragic. I will be staying indoors or wearing a mask in public.

#1027263 - 03/30/20 04:37 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: AcidAngler
Are you gonna shoot the virus?

Brilliant idea!! Thanks

- Albert Einstein.

#1027667 - 04/05/20 01:44 PM Re: Urns In China - More Bad News.... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
That is a stupid idea.

Ok, who am I kidding? Shooting is fun.

I’m in!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (FishCatcher, wolverine, 1 invisible), 1446 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |