THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#815500 - 01/16/13 02:31 AM lets start slow...
redhook
Unregistered

i took this tonight, same POS Fuji S2940, that Katie spilled cranberry juice on and you have to blow hot breath into the zoom lever area to unstick it.. every time you use it... really considering trading the Hasselblad and the Rollieflex for a nice D series Nikon.... might just do it tommorow...

100.9X on the digital zoom from a Vanguard tripod.. dropped the ISO to 100 for that shot, at 800, it was too bright, i have pics of that too...

#815519 - 01/16/13 11:30 AM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
m-o-o-n spells moon...............

#815540 - 01/16/13 12:56 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: snit]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Very nice.
btw redhook, you seem a bit knowledgable on the camera
scene. I am an old SLR guy and have used the Konica series and lenses
forever. I like to take sports pictures and many of the "new" style, do it all for you, are useless at a basketball or baseball game. fuzzy fuzzy
fuzzy.
Are there any compact type auto cameras that let you select aperature or shutter speed in a manual mode? My Sony Cyber shot lets me have a couple of aperatures and shutter speeds to play with but it is very limited in what you can do.

#815572 - 01/16/13 02:04 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: Illyrian]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

RH,

It's cool that you have an interest in photography. What I don't get is how someone who has such an interest would have situations or arrangements wherein your camera and cranberry juice could have the possibility of a chance meeting. I've been carrying my POS digital camera on a neckstrap in my shirt pocket while fishing for nearly 8 years now, fully aware that I could go for a swim and destroy it. So far it only gets wet from rain water that gets on my shirt. And yours gets cranberry juice spilled on it.

Your posts give me the feeling that if only 4 things could go wrong in your life, most likely 12 will. Is your life really a never-ending drama?

Sg

#815587 - 01/16/13 03:10 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: Salmo g.]
redhook
Unregistered

rofl

Salmo,

Katie isnt very Gazzelle like, she could trip on air... we were going to the Carbon, i had my 40 pound backback on, 2 rods in 1 hand, 2 bait containers in the other hand, and she had a bag, with something to eat, a book, a blanket, my camera, and, her god damn juice... while coming down the side of the ledge off the dike, the juice lid got popped open from a branch or something, and it dumped into the bag... i made a whole 1 cast that day... it is what it is, and know to not let it happen again, oh well...

Illy,

i dont know much about cameras honestly, im just starting to really figure this one out... its not even that nice of a camera, i think i paid 250 for it with the 16gb card... i also have a Sony Cybershot DSC-T30, that i need a battery and charger for, but they are expensive so it just sits... i borrowed a Nikon D40 from my father in law basically, but his charger got stolen, and they are expensive as well, so i havent bought one for that either...

as far as cameras, theres quite a few decent ones around that arent too expensive, but i would talk to Dave Vedder about that, hes got much more knowledge than i do about digital cameras at this point ... im seriously contemplating going to college for photography, just not sure where i should go... gonna do some research on programs and decide from there...

#815588 - 01/16/13 03:10 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: Salmo g.]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
RH, from all assessments, you definitely started slow.

#815592 - 01/16/13 03:43 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

i thought that was alot better than anything ive taken... how far is the moon away again? if you think you could do better, by all means, post em up... i mean its easy right?

#815594 - 01/16/13 03:47 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett

#815595 - 01/16/13 03:47 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
Hippie

I'm just pitching you crap. It certainly is a big step up from the first moon shot you posted!

#815601 - 01/16/13 03:56 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

RH, you should take the Hassell Blad proceeds to gas up a car and get a FCKING JOB!! And quit f'n around on the COUCH/COMPUTER all DAY!!! mad

Edited by Sol Duc (01/16/13 03:56 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#815604 - 01/16/13 04:01 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

im trading in the Hassie today likely, just called the camera shop, and he said i may be able to get into a high end DSLR for what i have... desicions desicions...

go low MP format, get a few extra lenses...

go high MP format, get 1 lens, and go from there....

hmmmmm...

#815608 - 01/16/13 04:14 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

If I didn't know better I'd swear you were my brother-in-law... btw, that's not a compliment... He knows gawd damn everything there is to know about everything, and isn't afraid to tell you... but doesn't know jack [Bleeeeep!] about common sense...

Common sense tells me, that If you have a [Bleeeeep!] load of stuff that is worth something, go sell it for a [Bleeeeep!] load of cash and go buy yourself a few classes at a trade school... go get good at something, anything...

I will tell you first hand that it is so much more rewarding melting real metal with real fire than grabbing a f'ing cyber flame thrower and laying waste to a cyber warlord...

JFC!!

#815624 - 01/16/13 05:13 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

My Hubby is the same, he's ok in small doses. crazy

Edited by Sky-Guy (01/16/13 05:15 PM)
Edit Reason: for accuracy :)

#815641 - 01/16/13 06:26 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: Sol Duc]
Hippie

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
My Hubby is the same, he's ok in small doses. crazy

rofl

#815644 - 01/16/13 06:30 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

rofl Pay back is a biotch S.G. evil

- Albert Einstein.

#815650 - 01/16/13 06:38 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
One of the best moon shots I've ever seen rh. Keep em coming.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#815703 - 01/16/13 09:45 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: Magicfly]
redhook
Unregistered

traded for a mint Pentax K10 D, with new Tamron AF28-200mm Super Zoom lens...

but, just as i suspected, the lens isnt enough, im MILES away from the moon now, its like the size of a dime... plus there is a bunch of crap on this camera that ive never even messed with on any camera, aperatures shutter crap, ect ect ect... should be fun to mess with, i never would have used that Hasselblad anyways... the film is expensive, its expensive to devolop, with this and the Photoshop Lightroom 2 program i have, i should be able to do some ok stuff... still have that Nikon D40 too, that im probably just gonna get a charger for... i mean whats another 30 bucks right?

its actually a pretty nice camera, unlike Nikons and Cannons, this is weather proof, and it also has image stabilization on it... the lens is also both manual and autofocus...

should be fun, whats the worst that could happen besides spending more money right?

#815709 - 01/16/13 09:53 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Man, I can't wait for more moon pics. smirk

- Albert Einstein.

#815713 - 01/16/13 10:05 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

what are you talking about? what are you refering to that would be "wrong"? wtf is wrong with you? jesus......

#815715 - 01/16/13 10:14 PM Re: lets start slow... [Re: ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Contrasting shots are seldom disappointing.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, steely slammer), 1328 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |