THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#842516 - 06/06/13 11:40 PM Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise...
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Pres Obama has done something that no one thought possible: He has united Dems and Repubs against himself with the latest scandal. Even the staunchest supporter of the President, the NY Times editorial board, has turned on his administration and determined that the President has no credibility left.

#842539 - 06/07/13 01:09 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: DBAppraiser]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Transparency? The king has an invisible suit of clothes, and we can all see him for the fraud that he is. Just another piece of sh!t lying politician.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#842540 - 06/07/13 01:10 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: DBAppraiser]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Well that's what the headline on Fox News says.

It's not what the NY Times says though -- they say Obama has lost all credibility "on this issue" (the issue of Patriot Act enabled surveillance).

But why bother getting the whole quote right, when a subset of it is more aligned with what you believe and want to be true?

FWIW -- I am not remotely excusing/apologizing for the administration on this, they're dead wrong. The entire mess including the Patriot Act and the totally secret crap it enables is a fiasco.

Edited by IrishRogue (06/07/13 01:12 AM)

#842548 - 06/07/13 01:29 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: IrishRogue]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

I didn't put up a quote, I put it into my own words. If I wanted a quote I would have C/P it like everyone else does. smile

Doesn't change the fact that the President railed against all these tactics and now deploys them regularly. Transparency? Nope.

For the record, I don't have a problem with his drone program. If you are a US citizen and decide to play for the other team, you should not be shocked when a missile hits your hut in the middle of the night.

Dogfish: Exactly.

#842555 - 06/07/13 02:00 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: DBAppraiser]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

No quoting from any website. Just my own personal observation. Fawking criminal, this man is. People believed in hope and change, and this asshole wins the Nobel peace prize for what he represents, not for what he has done. Give me a fawking break.

I don't read/watch Fox News, ever. I even told my 17 year old to stop watching it, as it would warp his mind.

Must be Bush's fault? Dan S was right. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

#842558 - 06/07/13 02:06 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Dogfish]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

At least he closed GITMO like he said he would.

#842566 - 06/07/13 02:39 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Dogfish]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

#842574 - 06/07/13 08:37 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: IrishRogue]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Originally Posted By: IrishRogue
Well that's what the headline on Fox News says.

It's not what the NY Times says though -- they say Obama has lost all credibility "on this issue" (the issue of Patriot Act enabled surveillance).

But why bother getting the whole quote right, when a subset of it is more aligned with what you believe and want to be true?

FWIW -- I am not remotely excusing/apologizing for the administration on this, they're dead wrong. The entire mess including the Patriot Act and the totally secret crap it enables is a fiasco.

The Times walked back the first editorial:

President Obama’s Dragnet

By THE EDITORIAL BOARD

Published: June 6, 2013 411 Comments

Within hours of the disclosure that federal authorities routinely collect data on phone calls Americans make, regardless of whether they have any bearing on a counterterrorism investigation, the Obama administration issued the same platitude it has offered every time President Obama has been caught overreaching in the use of his powers: Terrorists are a real menace and you should just trust us to deal with them because we have internal mechanisms (that we are not going to tell you about) to make sure we do not violate your rights.

Those reassurances have never been persuasive — whether on secret warrants to scoop up a news agency’s phone records or secret orders to kill an American suspected of terrorism — especially coming from a president who once promised transparency and accountability.

The administration has now lost all credibility on this issue. Mr. Obama is proving the truism that the executive branch will use any power it is given and very likely abuse it

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#842580 - 06/07/13 09:44 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Jerry Garcia]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Yeah, Jerry.......where's the trust?

I mean.......really.

rofl

#842598 - 06/07/13 11:13 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Without a doubt the most embarrassing POS administration ever to puke on America.

What a fk'n joke.

Not even close!

He would have to start two wars and kill countless young Americans with their illegality, not to mention hundreds of thousands of indigenous people on their own soil, all while bankrupting our country and call for more tax breaks for his rich buddies.

Oh and destroying the middle class.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#842607 - 06/07/13 12:11 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Stuff like this is why I call Obama a fascist fraud.

He could have done things differently - but he didn't and doesn't.

Bush's administration AND his administration are a disgrace. So are the voters in this country that didn't make sure the Patriot Act was never passed.

We're reaping what we've sown, and shouldn't be all that surprised.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#842621 - 06/07/13 01:26 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

The Patriot Act is UnAmerican and unconstitutional.

Obama is turning out to be one disappointment after another. I keep asking myself how a president who seems so different from Bush can be so much like Bush. Unless of course, he's controlled by the same powers that controlled Bush. America is screwed.

Edited by Salmo g. (06/07/13 01:26 PM)

#842623 - 06/07/13 01:28 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Privacy matters even if you have nothing to hide. It's not about having anything to hide, it's about things not being anyone else's business.

Do you have Curtains Chuck?

Can I see your credit card statements from last year?

If you choose to make this a political issue, this program started under Bush in 2001, and has been expanded by Obama. I personally dont think it is political, because the NSA and CIA are acting as rogue states within a state, regardless of what puppet administration is in place.

#842624 - 06/07/13 01:29 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
Without a doubt the most embarrassing POS administration ever to puke on America.

What a fk'n joke.

Not even close!

He would have to start two wars and kill countless young Americans with their illegality, not to mention hundreds of thousands of indigenous people on their own soil, all while bankrupting our country and call for more tax breaks for his rich buddies.

Fishy

He is well on his way to far exceeding those expectations wink

Totally agree SSF, your assessment of LBJ's escalation of the Vietnam conflict while pursuing his progressive programs is spot on!

#842629 - 06/07/13 01:57 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Sky-Guy]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Privacy matters even if you have nothing to hide. It's not about having anything to hide, it's about things not being anyone else's business.

Do you have Curtains Chuck?

Can I see your credit card statements from last year?

If you choose to make this a political issue, this program started under Bush in 2001, and has been expanded by Obama. I personally dont think it is political, because the NSA and CIA are acting as rogue states within a state, regardless of what puppet administration is in place.

Exactly! Rogue states within a state is a very good description. Well almost exactly. I think it is political because it occurs under the watch of those we elect. If the elected don't personally foster the action, they are still responsible for it happening, and I don't see anyone of them, R or D, saying they need to rescind the Patriot Act. FISA at least requires an easy to get a warrant, based on probable cause, from a justice who hopefully is better than a political hack.

Sg

#842633 - 06/07/13 02:15 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Nearly all of Congress and certainly both administrations are complicit in the absolutely unAmerican disgrace.

Unfortunately, hundreds of thousands of Americans (in the public and private sector), including some on this board, that are complicit too. This isn't just govt secretly "breaking in". They were given the [Bleeeeep!] keys!

I'd be way more pissed if all of this "breaking news" wasn't completely obvious years and years ago. The masses will always be too far behind the curve to really stop anything. Discussions on facial recognition and ePrivacy shoud have taken place decades ago. Even with the knowledge of what is happening, no one REALLY gives a [Bleeeeep!]. There will be something else on the headlines a week from now.

None of these politicians actions are justifiable but it should at least should be noted the backdrop on which they (especially the executive branch) are operating. If ANY attack happens, they will be blamed for not doing everything possible to prevent it. Therefore, from the president's perspective, I'd think that trampling rights is the go-to decision if they see it as lessening the chance of an attack. I also suspect that Obama has changed his stance a lot based on what he now knows and has seen, which are probably shocking plans. Still, [Bleeeeep!] him and anyone else that has let fear overshadow freedom.

#842638 - 06/07/13 02:45 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Salmo g.]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
The Patriot Act is UnAmerican and unconstitutional.

Obama is turning out to be one disappointment after another. I keep asking myself how a president who seems so different from Bush can be so much like Bush. Unless of course, he's controlled by the same powers that controlled Bush. America is screwed.

America was screwed when the Supreme court ruled that Fox News had the Constitutional right to lie and call it news, America was further screwed when that same group of jacka$$es ruled that corporations were people and money was free speech.
Welcome to the days we have made America.

#842647 - 06/07/13 03:18 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Illahee]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I'm not surprised that those that lean left want to blame Fox News and Bush, and the Supreme Court. How about Team Obama?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#842648 - 06/07/13 03:18 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Stuff like this is why I call Obama a fascist fraud.

He could have done things differently - but he didn't and doesn't.

Bush's administration AND his administration are a disgrace. So are the voters in this country that didn't make sure the Patriot Act was never passed.

We're reaping what we've sown, and shouldn't be all that surprised.

agree

This admin is just as fk'n insane as the last admin, and the one before that, and the one before that.

While not a fan of some of the things Pres Obama has/is doing he will have to go a long way over the cliff to even come close to being the total shitbag that W was/is. Killing people and sending our troops into a sovereign nation under false pretenses and sending our kids in there to do is unconscionable. Let us no forget his bankrupting our country to do it!

Apples and oranges!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#842649 - 06/07/13 03:20 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: DBAppraiser]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser
Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf

What a fk'n joke.

Not even close!

Fishy

He is well on his way to far exceeding those expectations wink

Totally agree SSF, your assessment of LBJ's escalation of the Vietnam conflict while pursuing his progressive programs is spot on!

Wrong decade, try and keep up!

Fishy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1419 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |