LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#861492 - 10/07/13 04:36 PM Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost.
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Seems like O's supporters are having a little sticker shock with the new insurance coverage and costs.

I loved this quote: laugh

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_24248486/obamacares-winners-and-losers-bay-area

- Albert Einstein.

#861499 - 10/07/13 04:47 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: Sol Duc]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

I've been paying health insurance premiums for my entire adult life, I've had coverage with over half a dozen insurance providers, in all that time I can't ever remember my rates going down.
So a statement that someone's monthly rate went up, really isn't news, however if this person never had insurance, the monthly rate would be considered skyrocketing.

#861516 - 10/07/13 05:50 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Illahee

So a statement that someone's monthly rate went up, really isn't news, however if this person never had insurance, the monthly rate would be considered skyrocketing.

What part of rates going up on policies they already had by $1,800 and $10K after Obamacare did you let slip by you?

crazy

Or did you let this slip by?

People like Marilynn Gray-Raine.

The 64-year-old Danville artist, who survived breast cancer, has purchased health insurance for herself for decades. She watched her Anthem Blue Cross monthly premiums rise from $317 in 2005 to $1,298 in 2013. But she found out last week from the Covered California site that her payments will drop to about $795 a month.

#861525 - 10/07/13 06:14 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: Illahee]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
You had me at chickens, and then, well, flacid..... wink

We'll know in a bit here at work when the new premiums come out. I'm sure there will be a number of wide swings at the top and bottom of the spectrum. Those exceptions don't really tell the tale. Until I see the impact for myself, and my wife's employment, I won't know the impact it will have on me.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#861533 - 10/07/13 07:25 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: Illahee]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Originally Posted By: Hankster

What part of rates going up on policies they already had by $1,800 and $10K after Obamacare did you let slip by you?

crazy

Or did you let this slip by?

People like Marilynn Gray-Raine.

The 64-year-old Danville artist, who survived breast cancer, has purchased health insurance for herself for decades. She watched her Anthem Blue Cross monthly premiums rise from $317 in 2005 to $1,298 in 2013. But she found out last week from the Covered California site that her payments will drop to about $795 a month.

Wonder if that decrease in price will mean a decrease in the quality of care. I thought I read some where that the UC Medical Centers were not going to be part of the state exchanges. If that is true, then it is like saving money on your car payment but going from a vette to a yugo.

Edited by gvbest (10/07/13 07:25 PM)

#861536 - 10/07/13 08:00 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: FishPrince
There is going to be an increase in prices, but hidden from most people because anyone making under 4x the federal poverty line will get subsidized policies but it will be paid out of other taxes. This is like paying more for your car payment, but it breaks down all the time so it's in the shop while you're taking the bus with homeless people and crackheads. So there is an overall increase in prices, but this only partially pays for a big government bureaucracy, it's partially paid for by a decline in quality of health care by cutting costs. But don't worry, they will subsidize your policy you are being overcharged for with your other taxes and pushing the cost off onto our children by putting them in debt, so it's a great plan.

Cliff Notes:

Prices are going up while quality is going down.

So who's paying for the medical care of the uninsured now?

#861542 - 10/07/13 08:28 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

If you IDIOTS can't see that .GOV wants to omit every insurance company in this nation, then you deserve what is coming..dumphucks!! mad

- Albert Einstein.

#861544 - 10/07/13 08:52 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: Sol Duc]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
If you IDIOTS can't see that .GOV wants to omit every insurance company in this nation, then you deserve what is coming..dumphucks!! mad

I have to admit nobody knows dumbfux like Troll Dunce.

#861550 - 10/07/13 09:18 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: Illahee]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

They love sheeple like you...fuktard. rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#861558 - 10/07/13 09:53 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: Sol Duc]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Squattopee is the grand poohbah at the Fuktard lodge. He has the hat to prove it

Edited by Tom Joad (10/07/13 09:54 PM)

#861642 - 10/08/13 01:05 PM Re: Uh, Oh, the chickens are coming home to roost. [Re: Us and Them]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

this is the money quote from the admin's IT guru:

Quote:
President Obama's chief technology adviser, Todd Park, blames the unexpectedly large numbers of people who flocked to Healthcare.gov and state websites. "Take away the volume and it works," he told USA TODAY's Tim Mullaney.

how much volume was too much volume in a country of 300 million people you ask?

Originally Posted By: the same IT guru
Park said the administration expected 50,000 to 60,000 simultaneous users.

so let's stipulate that (at some point) everyone's going to have to check out this website (300 million).

the system's designed for 50,000 (or less) unique log-ins at a time.

that's a 600X built-in under-capacity.

Do the math on this and each of us has 41 minutes PER YEAR of log in time to arrange for health insurance -- and that assumes 100% up-time, and with the servers still offline, we've now lost 11,520 minutes and counting.

good luck with that!!!

edited to add:

BTW, I simplified the problem above.

technically, we only have until Dec 14, 2013 to sign up.

THAT'S 21 SECONDS apiece at the present server capacity, which still isn't up and running.

How many f'n years have they had to plan for this? Idiots! evil

- Albert Einstein.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |