Bummed out- just needed to get it off my chest...Son shipped out
this afternoon for that giant catbox where people get killed....
2nd deployment for him as he's already been in Afghanistan dodging mortars...Can't understand why they would take him out of one sh*t hole, only to send him another...Anyone else feeling helpless because their loved ones are in the same situation?
I told him to dip his bullets in spam juice, as it is made of pork, and anyone he has to shoot would be rendered "unclean", therefore denying them entrance to heaven and their awaited "72 virgins".. Good for a chuckle, but I'm concerned that it could have been the last chuckle I hear from him. I know our involvement in that sh*thole is quite controversial.. Many opinions about it. My own is that we are in a war in which, if we don't believe what they believe, marks us as a people that must be destroyed as infidels. I believe that we are not at war with Iraq alone, but rather a backwards culture with no reedeming qualities. I also believe that were it not for religion, we would have no war at all. Simplistic? Maybe. Everyone must decide for themselves. I'm not trying to start a debate here, just trying to vent some bad feelings.. That being said, I am proud of my son
and others like him who are in harms way...