Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#233063 - 02/14/04 02:23 AM wild fish grumblings
skydriftin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: everett,wa
cnr season open on the Skagit system,none on the Snohomish system. I have NO problem with either case,but why does wdfw wait until the 2nd week of Feb to announce it. I have known there would be no season on the sky for 5 months,why do they keep us in the dark? My 2nd ***** is the brood stock program on the Green.With such low returns of wild fish,how can they supplement low returns of hatchery fish with broodstock wild fish.Another case of a system being managed for harvest only?

#233064 - 02/14/04 10:07 AM Re: wild fish grumblings
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
Skydriftin-
The answer to the short notice is due in at least part to administrative procedures. Emergency regulations are limited to just 120 days. In that at least part of the season just modified go through May they can offically be enacted until early February. Any news release put out well advance of that time would have to be so full of "maybe"s and "likely" that it may be more confusing then what we currently have.

Tight lines
S malma

#233065 - 02/15/04 01:26 AM Re: wild fish grumblings
skydriftin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: everett,wa
Smalma,bulls**t, the decisions to have or not have these fishing opportunities has been cut and dry for months, official announcements would not have to say "if" or "maybe". They owe it to the people to announce it when the decisions are made and NOT keep us in the dark. Things like this are why there is little or no trust or faith in wdfw by fishermen

#233066 - 02/15/04 02:26 AM Re: wild fish grumblings
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Skydriftin',

I don't think Smalma was saying that they didn't decide to do it just now, or tried to keep us in the dark until right now.

The regs call for it to be open in March and April, and to close it WDFW needs to use the "emergency rule" process.

Emergency rules only last for 120 days, max, so they had to wait until the 120 days would cover the entire months of March and April to enact the rule.

I guess they could have told us 14 days ago, but that wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

As you noted, we all knew it wasn't going to be open, anyway.

Fish on...

Todd.

P.S. How's fishing been lately? I hooked three on the Snoqualmie yesterday...maybe we could get out before the closure?

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1265 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |