Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#228240 - 01/17/04 10:23 PM not enough room for some
DJFISHS2XS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Oak Harbor Wa
OK Im a bonehead, I talked about the cascade last week and today the river was packed, it wasnt so much the number of people it was the kind of people that showed up...there we 2 guys that were realy putting on a clinic, the caught 4 fish in about a half hour, they had a double on and there were 3 guys 2 of which ran and I mean ran to the spot they were fishing and realy crowded in on them ....I felt bad for the 2 guys, I was enjoying the show...they had the jig/float thing down to a science....on guy released his fish but his friend decided to leave.....so they left with 3, I think they would have stayed....

#228241 - 01/18/04 12:39 AM Re: not enough room for some
trailrat77 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: rowers seat
Ah... the power of the internet... TALK about and they WILL COME...

#228242 - 01/18/04 12:41 AM Re: not enough room for some
Anonymous
Unregistered

Howdy DJ,

My neighbor was up fishing the Cascade last weekend, and had a sweet looking drift he was fishing. Well, he broke off his leader and was squatting down to re-tie when another guy steps within 3 ft of him and starts casting to the same water...

Wouldn't have been so bad but the guy hooked up on a fish that Phil was after...nice buck, apparently. Phil chewed on the guy for a moment and figured it was best he leave before things got out-of-hand.

I would rather have a fair\questionable section of water all to myself or the guys I'm fishing with than try to fish that kind of crowded beach. Going fishless and enjoying the peace and tranquility of the river is far better IMO than trying to deal with the hassles.

Mike

#228243 - 01/18/04 12:53 AM Re: not enough room for some
MetalheadRon Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Shelton Wa.
. From blatant snagging to muscling people of their spots, it is getting harder and harder to find people with fishing "etiquette". What the heck is wrong with people now days.

#228244 - 01/18/04 01:07 AM Re: not enough room for some
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to the Cascade :p

#228245 - 01/18/04 02:30 AM Re: not enough room for some
Fishingjunky15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by MetalheadRon:
. From blatant snagging to muscling people of their spots, it is getting harder and harder to find people with fishing "etiquette". What the heck is wrong with people now days.
Or you get a group of guys fallowing the "proper" etiquette and then there is one guy that weaves inbetween people, casts over lines, and ignores anything you say to him. Go firgure.

#228246 - 01/19/04 11:23 AM Re: not enough room for some
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
I just start fishing as far up and down stream on each cast that I can throw when they crowd me. I had two guys last week on the Snoq. So close I asked them if they wanted to borrow my waders. I asked them if they thought this was squid jigging. They caught the hint.

#228247 - 01/19/04 11:59 AM Re: not enough room for some
wolverine Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA
One of the reasons that I use braided line is that it will cut off the morons lines. Earlier in the fall I was C&R silvers on the Cascade. Why people want to keep red fish is beyond me but they do up there. After I'd let 4-5 fish go 2 bubbas came over and started to crowd me out. One of them waded out and stood where the fish were laying and proceeded to cast to the far bank. I politely told him that he was standing on top of the fish and that he'd be far more successful if he got out of the water. All that got for a reply was a string of profanity from him and his buddy. I held my ground as I'm a big guy and wouldn't move. I took off my float gear and just tied on enough weight to cast. I let it drift past him and then retrieved the braid against his neoprenes. In the current the idiot never knew what was going on. After about 4 casts he came out of the water and complained to his buddy that his waders were leaking. Braid cuts neoprene just fine.
I understand that hatchery holes attract the worst behavior as they attract meat fishermen who don't really care. I have avoided the Cascade for steelhead as it's worse than it was for salmon. I much prefer a little more peace and quiet when I fish. Driving an hour and a half and having to bring my own rock to stand isn't my idea of a good time.

#228248 - 01/19/04 01:15 PM Re: not enough room for some
Kyle_A Offline
Spawner

Ok, so I'm a drift boat snob, but this is why I quit bank fishing. I'd rather not fish than deal with these guys.

Coho and I are shoulder width apart at Reiter one July Day. At our feet are 10's of steelies, clearly visible. Guy comes up, walks right between us and steps on several fish as he casts across the river. The guy wonders why he doesn't hook anything, steps back between us, go's down the bank a few feet and steps on some more fish between two other guys. We all laugh and shake our heads. Very frustrating.

#228249 - 01/19/04 09:54 PM Re: not enough room for some
okieboy Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rockport Wa
wow i guess somebody cares about ol' okieboy afterall. yah it was really rude of those guys to move in but it was nice meeting you dj.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 442 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |