Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320744 - 11/17/05 02:52 PM A day on the river
Badbobber Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Ravensdale, Wa
Hit the river yesterday, fishing was a little slow , Fishtale and I had 4 or 5 hits before I finally hooked into about a 10 or 11 lb silver hen on a spinner. Then later I hooked into this 30 lb old king on a cut plug that Johnny is holding just prior to release.

#320745 - 11/17/05 03:45 PM Re: A day on the river
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
nice fish!!

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#320746 - 11/17/05 07:22 PM Re: A day on the river
STIHLHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: W. WA
which river is that?

#320747 - 11/17/05 07:37 PM Re: A day on the river
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Look at the scenery and clarity of the water, that should tell you enough. If he wanted us to know, he probably would have told us. Just my .02 \:\)

Steve

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#320748 - 11/18/05 12:37 AM Re: A day on the river
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
fishng1-agreed

badbobber- could you tell me a bit more about the cut plug you go that king on? i was wondering if you were running a cut plug behind a bait diver or how you fish one in the river......nice fish on both accounts

#320749 - 11/18/05 09:31 AM Re: A day on the river
Badbobber Offline
Returning Adult

lupo,

We were using the cut herring behide a bait diver just like you would pulling hot shots or tadpollies. Fishtale thought the herring might not have been the best, although they held up nice.

There were some nice lookin chrome jumping, even saw a guy C&R a bright King hen. A buddy in another boat was doing a little better than us but the bite just seemed off a bit. We got more hits on spinners but had hits on everything that we used.

#320750 - 11/18/05 10:44 AM Re: A day on the river
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Its easy to tell by the scenery what river that is STIHLHEAD if you've fished it \:D

Good job fellas \:\)

#320751 - 11/18/05 10:50 PM Re: A day on the river
STIHLHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Steve and lupo,

You didn't answer a question which you were NOT asked. Also if he wanted to tell us a "bit more" about the cut-plug, he would have said it in his original post. You guys can "agree" all you want but agree on this: If a question is not directed at you, don't bother with a negative response. If you are under 25, then I'll give you a break \:D

Not many fish and seems like everyone knows where. So it can't be a secret. I was just curious and may have already fished it. Sorry for asking. :rolleyes:

#320752 - 11/19/05 03:34 AM Re: A day on the river
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Stihlhead, remember this is an open forum and I "can" answer a question I was not asked, just like you gave your opinion of what Lupo and I had to say. We do not have to or need to ask where a fish was caught every time one is posted. We leave it up to our imagination or we get off our high horse and make a trip or two and do some exploring! In my opinion if Badbobber was trying to keep a secret, do you think posting a picture of the river, cut bank, the scenery in the background and all would be smart? And by the way, I was trying to keep it friendly, did you not notice the ;\) . If you have paid any attention to this board, I am not a person that goes around chastising people on how or where they fish, but come on now give us a break, and no I will not respond to any more neg. comments from you.

And just for your information I am twice the 25, but that makes no difference whatsoever. I know my abilities and have given much useful information on this very board, can you say the same? If you had not noticed, I have been on this board almost from the beginning exactly 4444 anglers before you. I do think that I have the right to speak ( and so do you!)

Steve Ng

#320753 - 11/19/05 10:13 AM Re: A day on the river
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Nice fish BB!!
Did Fishtail get skunked??

#320754 - 11/19/05 11:29 PM Re: A day on the river
Dr. E Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: South Sound
Looks like the puget sound river where it emp[ties into the cowlumbia. Play nice boys.

#320755 - 11/20/05 05:09 AM Re: A day on the river
STIHLHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Steve,

all this because of a question???

Quote:
Stihlhead, remember this is an open forum and I "can" answer a question I was not asked, just like you gave your opinion of what Lupo and I had to say.
I suppose you "can" answer questions NOT directed at you, however, you did NOT answer and just criticized it. That is a negative response regardless.
I gave my opinion after I was annoyed. It was kind of funny that lupo "agreed" with you and then turn around and asked his own question. After all, this is an "open forum" and we should be able to ask questions. I didn't demand an answer!

Quote:
We do not have to or need to ask where a fish was caught every time one is posted. We leave it up to our imagination ...
Sorry, I didn't realize you were in charge of the forum policy. I must have missed the memo.

Quote:
... or we get off our high horse and make a trip or two and do some exploring!
Irrelevant, NEGATIVE and speculative if directed at me. I have lost my share of women because of being "obsessed" with hunting & fishing. You don't know me and the last thing I need is a lecture from you.

Quote:
... and no I will not respond to any more neg. comments from you.
I am sorry that you felt my original post was negative. I just stated the facts.

Quote:
I do think that I have the right to speak ( and so do you!)
How ironic. I think that's what I did in my original post. \:\)

and honestly the rest of your 2nd post is irrelevant. On the other hand, I am sure you are a good guy.

#320756 - 11/20/05 02:53 PM Re: A day on the river
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Sthilhead, I think that both us have read more into this than we planned. Sometimes this happens when we are up late at night or whatever. I want to say that I really meant no hard feelings and was really on making a blanket statement.

I call peace and I am sure that we can both move on and maybe we can go fishing together someday. I always have room on my boat come summer or even winter blackmouth. Now lets go out and catch a steelhead.

Steve

#320757 - 11/20/05 07:14 PM Re: A day on the river
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
steve- ill go if he wont......ive seen the pics that your boat brings in......

stihlhead- didnt mean anything negative towards ya either
"how to not where to" is a common thought among many folks here in the nw......its easy to forget when we see the same names over and over that there may be up to 10,000 people reading a river report on this, very successful, bulletin board and not just the usual posters......thats all that i meant.....
when you look at ifish you see the staggering amount of views a thread has had and not just the amount of posts......cheers

#320758 - 11/21/05 11:29 AM Re: A day on the river
Badbobber Offline
Returning Adult

I thought I would show river bank for them that know the river without really saying where it was but, on this river I should of said where 'cause on this river (the Satsop) there is some nasty stuff in the river for you to go through if you launch at the state park. We had to walk the boat down a couple times but it was easy, there were a few trees down with root balls still attached all pretty much at the beginning of the drift just check it out good.

DUROBOAT15,
Yes fishtale got skunked. He is going to stop taking me if I'm not careful and he made me hitch hike back to the truck but lucky for me the first lady by picked me up :-)

#320759 - 11/21/05 09:38 PM Re: A day on the river
STIHLHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Steve, I was sure you are a good guy and you proved it. lupo, you are ok too and perfect if you look anything like your avatar \:D

Quote:
I was just curious and may have already fished it. Sorry for asking. :rolleyes:
The funny thing is that I had fished Satsop a week or so before and was wondering if it's the same. Curiosity killed or harvested ;\) the cat. I gave my reports on two 2 diferent threads "Satsop or Skok" (11/18/05) and "Any Satsop reports?" (11-15) regarding this. I was after silvers and no luck. Lots of chums where I fished but I didn't target them. I was on "meat" mission \:\)

BADBOBBER, sorry for messing your thread. I am gald you didn't name it "A perfect day on the river" LOL

#320760 - 11/22/05 09:32 AM Re: A day on the river
Badbobber Offline
Returning Adult

STIHLHEAD

No problem. It just wouldn't be Piscatorial Pursuits if a thread didn't stray at some point. \:D

#320761 - 12/02/05 07:18 PM Re: A day on the river
Validiktorian Offline
Fry

Loc: Port Angeles
somebodies Flowin'????????????

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, 20 Gage), 1435 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |