LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#301030 - 05/21/05 04:13 PM A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Didn't take long for old Ma Nature to give us rockin' & rollin' welcome to AK!!

http://www.aeic.alaska.edu/Seis/recenteqs/quakes/2005139_evid96963/evid96963.html

Nice to be back!! A few aftershocks as well on this one that we felt as well!

Already snuck in a trip to Louie's! King Louie cut of blackened prime rib (24 oz) and a tub of steamers!! Yummy \:\)

Make sure you don't miss out if coming through the area!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#301031 - 05/21/05 05:36 PM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Bob: Is that king Louies as in at the Uptown; my favorite place to stay and eat in kenai?

#301032 - 05/21/05 06:05 PM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

That would be it \:\) Louie's is the restaurant attached to the Uptown Motel. Great eats!!

Perhaps a little pricey for some, but well worth it in our book! Bring on the food!

Maybe we can meet up for some dinner when you're up this way!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#301033 - 05/21/05 06:06 PM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Let's do it. I love that place! I will call ya when in town.

#301034 - 05/22/05 12:42 PM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Bob, As posted earlier, just ate there last month. Great chow!! Had the prime rib...more than I could eat...great leftovers!!

My group will be up there from July 15th on....We'll say hi if we see you around there!!! I was sorry that I didn't book with you guys early enough for the kings....

#301035 - 05/22/05 10:48 PM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Always gotta hit the Moose is Loose Bakery in downtown Soldotna as well!!!

Not quite as light and fluffy as Krispy Kremes, but about 5 times the size!!!!!!!!

Had one this morning ... a meal in itself.

Other places you have to hit:

Golden International Chinese for Wor Won Ton Soup, General Tao's chicken and sizzling prawns.

Sourdough Sal's for the 6" x 6" x 5" cinnamon roll with about a full cup of glaze \:\)

Bucket's for a wing bucket with Bucket's (medium sauce) sauce. Thunder Thighs in blueberry sauce is a fave as well!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#301036 - 05/23/05 10:54 AM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
What about after diner, is there a Buch Company in Soldotna? ;\)

#301037 - 05/23/05 11:33 AM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol_on_the_Duc:
What about after diner, is there a Buch Company in Soldotna? ;\)
LMAO!

"Buch Company".

Where the Men are Men and so are the "Women!"

I don't know about old Sol' but I'll stick with my dollar "poker" at the Bush Company.

\:D

#301038 - 05/23/05 11:42 AM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

You must have been there on an *OFF* night, my UW friend. ;\)

The night I was there every chick in the house was a perfect 10. \:\)

#301039 - 05/23/05 12:03 PM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol_on_the_Duc:
You must have been there on an *OFF* night, my UW friend. ;\) The night I was there every chick in the house was a perfect 10. \:\)
Ah yes, the Alaskan Bush Company. That reminds of a story......

After a few hard days of fishing The Ditch with Bob, KidSauk and I met up with my cousin for a day float in his personal "raft" down the Kenai. A long day of fishing for elusive trout, we all made the 3 hour drive back up to Anchorage to "crash" at his place, as KidSauk and I had a 6:00 am flight the next morning.

As dinner finished up, and the evening began, my cousin recommended that we pay a visit to the ABC. (Alaska Bush Company). He armed us with a ton of dollar bills, and would only tell us that it would be a night we wouldn't forget. He had a smile on his face that even I couldn't trust. I knew something was gonna happen. What that something was, I had no idea.

We arrived at the ABC just as things were in high gear. The place was packed! Not a seat to be had and standing room only. "Super", I though aloud.

In an act that I've yet to see rivaled, my cousin went up to the front of the stage, put his arms around the 2 guys in the very middle, said something to them, and in total amazement, 4 guys got out of their chairs for us! After sitting down in the chairs, I found out that my cousin went up to these guys and said that he was the son of the owner and that they'd have to leave. Well, apparently, they believed him.

So, there we are. Dead middle, front row seats on the stage. KidSauk was showing biggest Shiat eating grin that I've ever seen. At this time, my cousin tells us to bring out those wads of dollar bills.....

The music starts, and "Trixie" comes out on the stage and starts to caress the pole (damn lucky pole...) and hump the floor. Next thing we know, dollar bills are being slapped down next to people. It doesn't take long for my brain to register what happens to the guy with the most dollar bills in front of them. "Trixie" gives that guy a "special treat" in exchange for the pile of cash.

Ahhh, Alaska Bush Company Poker. A very fun, yet evil, evil game.....

Oh sure, it's all fine and dandy when the Perfect 10 comes on stage - hell yeah, bring those dollar bills on! But, life get's "interesting" with "Dixie", the Not-So-Perfect 10 comes on stage. You know "Dixie", the 6' 5" "women" that may or may not be a "women"? Well, life really goes from good to bad when those dollar bills start pilling up in front of you!

Ahhh, ABC Poker... A very fun, yet evil, evil game....

Naturally, I played my cards right and dumped my cash in front of KidSauk. I think he "won". I laughed my arse off. \:D

That went on for a long time, followed by us drinking at my cousins place till the wee hours of the morning. I do recall that we kept telling KidSauk that there was a moose in the backyard (not really). Of course, a moose did show up in the backyard and started to get harassed by 4 drunken idiots. I'm surprised we are still alive. ;\)

All I really know is that the 6:00 am flight to Seattle never happened, but that we did make the noon flight out of Anchorage. \:D

#301040 - 05/23/05 12:17 PM Re: A rockin' welcome to Alaska!!
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
KidSauk was showing biggest Shiat eating grin that I've ever seen.
That kid's alright. \:D

We didn't meet Dixie, but one of the chicks that did a lap dance for a buddy of mine had toilet paper tracer hanging out the back of her thong. Talk about laughing your ass off. \:D

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (SpoonFed), 1376 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |