THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66391 - 05/24/02 10:56 AM boat launch near I-90 bridge?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
If I'm heading south from Everett,how do I get to the launch at the West end of the I-90 bridge?

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#66392 - 05/24/02 12:43 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
There really isn't a launch at the west end of I-90. There is a little park, Day Street Park, I believe it is called. It is very small and you can only get car topper/carry-in boats.

You will want to launch at Sayres Pits, just south of I-90. To get to Sayres you need to get on Rainier Ave from I-90 (take I-90 exit off of I-5) and turn left on Genesee and follow your nose east to the water, go down the hill and turn left on to Lk. WA Blvd. and you will see it.

#66393 - 05/24/02 01:08 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Thank you CC.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#66394 - 05/24/02 02:32 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

HBP, are you going out there today? Goin' after some of those nice Lake WA Cutts? I will be out there this afternoon after 4 pm. smile

#66395 - 05/24/02 08:38 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Hey Easy limits, I was out today from 12pm until 3pm. I only saw 1 fish caught,don't know if it was a cutt or rainbow. It was a nice fish either way. I didn't even sniff a fish,no strikes either. I was deep, shallow,mid-water,small flasher,worm trolls,everything I could think of..but no luck. I'll be out again on Mon. morn to try again. Thanks again for the directions.

#66396 - 05/24/02 11:28 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Hey there Mr.limits, Since you seem to have this Lake Wa. thing dialed in,would you mind giving up some info? If you don't want to I understand.

What size and color pop gear do you use? I only have one style and I hadn't used it in so long I had to look for it. I use wedding rings alot so I'm covered there. How fast are you trolling? Any other secrets you wouldn't mind sharing? laugh Thanks!

#66397 - 05/25/02 01:00 AM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I caught two more Cutts this afternoon fishing the north side of I-90. See the Pix

#66398 - 05/25/02 01:22 AM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

The set up I have been using is: Willow leaf pop gear silver blades, Red body w/ silver bladed wedding ring with two small single hooks (to hold the worm on), two oz. banana weight attached to the front end of the pop gear so it hangs, let out 50-70 turns of the handle (not reel) of a Shimano 2000 size reel, trolling at 1.5 MPH. Essentially, trolling in the top 10-15 feet of water. Trolling as close as you can get to the north side of the I-90 bridge.

The fish do not come fast and furious. Patience is the key. Today, I landed one right off the bat, lost one, and did not land the second fish until three and a half hours later. frown smile

Hope this helps. Maybe I will see you out there Monday morning. I plan on hitting it hard all weekend long, or until I limit out.

#66399 - 05/25/02 01:32 AM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Periwinkle Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek, WA
Carl, what do those big 'mommas' have in their tummys when you clean them?? Seems like your original post mentioned lots of smolts in the water. Are they eating them? So have you tried imitating a smolt behind the hardware? Whatever happened to the theory that Cutt's ate mostly insects!!!!!! smile

#66400 - 05/25/02 02:04 AM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Some, not all, of the cutts have had smolt in their tummy's. One of the fish I caught today had two smolt in it's tummy. The cutts are gorging themselves on the smolt heading out of the Cedar River. eek

#66401 - 05/25/02 12:01 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Carl...be honest,those are the same fish as last week aren't they,your just changing your shirt for the pictures. laugh I'm just a tad bit jealous.

As long as my wife gives the O.K,I'll be there Mon. morning. Tan 15' smokercraft with blue graphics,and a 25 yamaha. Green Z-71 with canopy and winch.

What time on Mon. you gonna be there?

#66402 - 05/25/02 12:10 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Periwinkle...After reading Carl's post on the smolts,I tried a 2" Rapala in both Rainbow trout and Perch patterns,with no success. frown

#66403 - 05/25/02 03:38 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Yes, Rapala's do not work. Gotta stick with pop gear/wedding ring combo with a worm or small Needlefish (so I hear). Here is a Pix of this mornings catch. Pretty slow this morning, lost two and only boated one. I am going to hit it again later this afternoon.

#66404 - 05/25/02 08:03 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Carl...what time does the launch at Sayres open in the mornings,I forgot to look when I was there.

#66405 - 05/25/02 09:00 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I think it is open 24/7, except when the hydros are running. I was at the launch at 0600 this morning and there were already a couple of trailers in the parking lot. I did not fish this afternoon, took a nap instead. laugh

#66406 - 05/26/02 06:25 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Took a nap instead??? I thought that was just for us old farts. rolleyes
I've got Thursday off and my friend who is on paternity leave wants to help his wife out by going trout fishing on lake Washington. So I plan onm being out Thursday morning. I normally fish the 520 bridge but I think since he lives in that area we will try the I-90 bridge with Mercer Island as a backup. That is, if EasyLimits hasn't caught them all by then. laugh

#66407 - 05/26/02 06:40 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Tom Jacobs (Bobbersdown) caught a nice 18" 3lb \'Bow . A real fatty! Photo courtesy of Easy Limits Guide Service. laugh laugh

This whole weekend has been pretty slow on the big lake, maybe I did catch them all. frown I am going to just blame it on the lunar cycle for now.

I will be out there one last time, before going back to work, tomorrow.

#66408 - 05/26/02 08:12 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Change of plans for me tomorrow. I will be crabbing/bottom fishing off of Kayak Pt. tomorrow. cool

You guys heading out to the big lake get some for me. Remember, troll right on the surface if it is cloudy.

Good Luck!

#66409 - 05/26/02 09:11 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Mike, I would recommend fishing I-90. Tom and I fished 520 today with no luck, did not even see any smolt. Don't overlook the southwest side (between Sayres and the west channel of I-90) of the bridge either. That is where I got all of my action this weekend. Oh ya, troll SHALLOW, SHALLOW, SHALLOW! :p

#66410 - 05/27/02 11:04 PM Re: boat launch near I-90 bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

HBP, did you make it out today? How did you do? I stopped by the big lake after fishing Area 8-2 for crab. Crabbing did not take long to get a limit. This whole weekend on the big lake seemed slower than usual. I think because of the full moon. Hopefully, next weekend will be better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 567 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |