LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75272 - 10/22/02 09:57 AM Upland bird reports?
fishgut Offline
Parr

Loc: Marysville
Looking for some reports on hunting in Eastern Wash. Any bird will do, Pheasant, quail, chukar, huns, and even grouse. I will be heading back over soon, just letting the deer hunters take some shots without me being in the background eek
I was in the sinlehekin Valley during the opener and did well on grouse, quail, and huns but didn't see any pheasant. We did hear a few but couldn't find them.
Also there were a lot of people there.
Looking forward to hearing some reports!

#75273 - 10/22/02 06:17 PM Re: Upland bird reports?
Fishstik Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: S.W. Washinton
fishgut, i do a little bird hunting but am between dogs this year so i didnt make it out on the opener, but the report i got was the pheasants are there but you gotta work for em its not red hot like a few years ago....

#75274 - 10/23/02 09:29 AM Re: Upland bird reports?
Kramer Offline
Spawner

Loc: GH & PA, WA
I've been over the past two weekends and there is still a ton of standing crop that needs to be cut. Probably within the next couple weeks the grain corn should be thinned out a bit more and that will make these birds (pheasant) a lot more huntable. They are out there though. I saw a few hens too which is a good sign.

I was disappointed in not seeing many quail after hearing about how good the hatch was. Any tips there? I spend most of my time the the Quincy/Ephrata/George area.

#75275 - 10/23/02 02:08 PM Re: Upland bird reports?
fishgut Offline
Parr

Loc: Marysville
I spend most of my time in the Coulee City and Electric City area. On the southwest end of Banks Lake was good for quail a couple years ago but the pressure was to much and it has dropped. Also the Coulee that Jameson Lake is in, I think it's called the Moses Coulee has good numbers of birds.
The key right now is to stay near water, I have had to change locations from my usual from over pressure.
One other note is to not over hunt a covey.
When it starts to get colder the birds need numbers at night to stay warm, if you take too many birds out of a covey you essentially kill the whole covey.
One more thing, if you know a place that has a natural spring, don't tell anyone a keep it a secret. I gaurantee it will have birds near by.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Excitable Bob, 1 invisible), 575 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |