LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101673 - 12/21/00 08:20 PM The Upper Quinault???
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
Last year i took my first trip to the OP it amazed me how much water there was and how UNcrowded it was. I also fished the Queets and there were a few more people out but i didnt think it was overcrowded by any streatch of the imagination.. Anyway i am wondering if anybody knows much about the upper quinault? espeically relating to peak run timing and the quantity of fish. thanks in advance

#101674 - 12/22/00 02:13 AM Re: The Upper Quinault???
Skydrifter1 Offline
Alevin

Loc: Lynnwood,Wa.98036
The best time to fish the Upper Quinault is starting Febuary and March for some big natives.If you have a boat be careful it changes all the time.It's also the first river to come back after a storm and in a couple of days of cold weather it's running gin clear.Another thing watch out for the Oneil "clan" guide service they think they own the upper Quinault they love to get into boat races just let them go .

#101675 - 12/22/00 07:40 AM Re: The Upper Quinault???
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
I have to agree with Bill on all accounts. It only takes a day or so to drop into shape after a blow out.

Public access can be tough though. If you are into catch and release there are a few great spots up at Graves Creek.

There are a few nice holes below Big Creek (where the South Shore Rd. was washed out), but don't tresspass. Carlson and Lutz bought a piece that runs from the base of the hill to the park boundary and they have been real turds about it. "Stay in the water."

During elk season I watched some of the "Oneil" boys/nephews (teenagers) snagging salmon just above Pruce Boys Rd. When I asked if they were having any luck they showed me a couple of small jacks on a stringer. I said that they looked foul hooked and that they should let them bite the hook before setting it. They got a little pissy and said, "Don't you know who we are? We are Oneils and no one tells us how to fish."

------------------
"Just Say No To Sovereign Nations!"

[This message has been edited by riverswild (edited 12-22-2000).]

#101676 - 12/22/00 01:36 PM Re: The Upper Quinault???
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Amen on the O'niel brothers and family.Don't
let them get to ya,they aren't worth the energy it takes.Ignore them.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1343 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |