Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92065 - 06/30/00 01:17 AM Important Anouncement & Suit For The Future
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very significant news releases were made recently about both the Columbia R. sockeye season and, more importantly, filed lawsuits by the WDFW & ODFW against the "Unfair Pair" of NMFS and Tribal Commissions! You should read them under the "Columbia Update" post by Nanook on the Ifish BB. [This is not a plug for Ifish; there's been plenty of pub recently anyway by some of this BB's members]. To read these and read reply commentary, or post your opinions, access & mark www.ifish.net and the RT BB (Discussion Board). I believe that good things are on the horizon for N.W. sportfishers if Judge Marsh has more sense than Judge Boldt (and wouldn't almost any judge???)! And if the WDFW comes thru with the mandatory fin-clipping of all hatchery fish. Check this out. - Steve Hanson - Edit: Ifish is back up again after US West fixed a fiber cable they cut thru.

[This message has been edited by Reel Truth (edited 06-30-2000).]

#92066 - 06/30/00 09:38 AM Re: Important Anouncement & Suit For The Future
Native son Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: port angeles wa.
Reel truth thank you for the web site address, at a glance it looks like a site I can use. I am considering answering most of your questions but am wondering just exactly what a tech. writer is. First of I have to say that once again the biggest single contributing factor in the decline of summer steelhead on the north olympics is habitat degredation.

#92067 - 06/30/00 01:30 PM Re: Important Anouncement & Suit For The Future
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Native Son,

I can answer your question about what a tech writer is. (You may have been looking at my profile?)

In a nutshell, tech writers are the people who write those confusing software and hardware (the actual machines) manuals that aim to show people how to use their new toys. Me, I write manuals and whatnot at Adobe (Photoshop, Pagemaker, etc.) for internal developers to understand what makes the software work.

Bruce

#92068 - 06/30/00 03:44 PM Re: Important Anouncement & Suit For The Future
Anonymous
Unregistered

Edit: Ifish is back up again. Someone at US West cut a fiber cable.

Ifish is temporarily down this morning & Jen is out of town. Hope to have it back up a quickly as possible. -- You guys will have to pardon my using the term tech writer. I was called that several months ago for writing fishing tech articles so I used it. I am only semi-lierate when it comes to the net and jargon so I wasn't aware of it being used to describe a computer techie. I could sure use some lessons from you Bruce! What I do on Ifish is write mini fishing tech articles on the BB there, as well as answer peoples Q's about fishing techniques for salmon & steelhead; and am also the BB moderator as Bob is here. I also have an article coming out in the fall issue of STS mag and am trying to finish my book entitled The REEL TRUTH before the year is out. So I should use something other than tech writer. Hmmm .... some of my guide buddies might like squeal writer for "giving it up" about guide's fishing secrets. Screw 'em. Let's see... fishing writer? Fishing tech explainer? I don't know. Btw, I do like Bob's logo of The Really Big One, it could be taken so many ways- cool. I guess I'll use fishing tech writer to avoid confusion such as above. Thanks. - RT

#92069 - 06/30/00 04:07 PM Re: Important Anouncement & Suit For The Future
ramstrong Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Glenside, PA USA
Hey RT,

How about Fishing Technologies Administrator? That sounds good.

Chicks dig the floppy ears.

ramstrong@hotmail.com

#92070 - 06/30/00 11:38 PM Re: Important Anouncement & Suit For The Future
Anonymous
Unregistered

RS - Is that a notch higher than Domestic Engineer? -- Ifish is back up again. Someone at US West cut a Fiber cable. Don't they know that's stupid?

#92071 - 07/03/00 12:59 PM Re: Important Anouncement & Suit For The Future
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
RT... how about Executive Administrative Angling Editor or just the head Emu Fornicator wasn't Deliverence filmed somewhere on the Clackescannie

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

[This message has been edited by Osprey (edited 07-03-2000).]

#92072 - 07/03/00 02:22 PM Re: Important Anouncement & Suit For The Future
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Don't forget to add "Consultant" to the title you decide on. Then you can double your hourly, while cutting your workload in half. Think of all the additional fishing time you'll have. On second thought, I'm not sure the NW fish runs can take the increased pressure. Better file an EIS, or just plan on golfing more

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chad Lee, fish_hunter, Grady 265, pimpinshrimp, Stew, xflyzguy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (20 Gage, Krijack), 455 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |