BK ... Kenai / Kasilof sockeye fishing vs. ling steelies is like comparing apples and oranges.

While I don't personally fish the Kenai n(which gets about 700,00+ reds), the Kasilof receives around 250,000 sockeye annually ... and of 250,000 fish that come up the river, we get maybe one or two reds to 'bite' out of about 400+ rod days when the reds are running. Simply put ... they don't bite.

Steelhead and other salmon species (or even sockeye in some watersheds such as the 'Duc) do bite ... and in my eyes that's the big difference.

Personally, I don't have any problem lining fish that you know are not going to bite no matter what you do ... I do however, have a problem with lining fish that just may not be biting well that day (such as stacked steelies at Blue Creek). Encountering slow bites is part of fishing ... and for me, it's not just about having a couple of fish on the bank, it's about getting the fish to bite. I don't think the situations are even close to the same and can't be compared, period.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"