After decades of living on the water on the west side I致e packed up and moved to the east, almost to Spokane, here on the shore of the Spokane River.

I hope the recent article posted by cobble cruiser plays out and we get a run of salmon and steelhead back to this area. Right now I catch large trout and walleye from the beach, haven稚 put a boat in the water yet. We do have some land locked chinook, but I haven稚 seen them. The Spokane river had a run of huge chinook and steelhead until the dam was built.

I didn稚 buy a license last year, but did this year, just a basic freshwater license, haven稚 done that in decades. I got tired of going to NOF and other meetings just to be given lip service on fisheries that are spiraling down and out of control.

I will say that crawdads are abundant, full pots are the norm, again, from beach in front of the house. Fresh walleye, trout and crawdads make an excellent BBQ.

I live out in the sticks, with elk, deer, moose, bobcat, cougar, bear and wolves. I had most of those at the other place too (house on the Skykomish), but the wolves and moose are new to me. Any time we go for walks we have bear spray and a pistol, lots of predators around all the time.