Salmo, I read your post and I here what you say in regards to us howling at the WFDW on fishing issues but at the fishing level it is much much more politcial!!In the fishing industry we are competing with commercials, natives, sportfishers and several states and acouple of countries. We are all after the same thing;fish.. On the Game level it is a localized problem. We are not competing against commercial hunters nor do we worry about other countries sneaking in and "harvesting" to many elk. The majority of our elk herds are in good shape. Our biggest disapointment right now is the mule deer.. DanS, I wouldn't consider yourself a big fat hypocrite at all.. If I was a commercial hunter with an investment less than a $1000(excluding nets and boat) and was able to indiscrimantly shoot 100 elk and sell them on the open market you would be real pissed that for a few less dollars you only get to shoot one a year and have a short time to do it!!The two issues cannot be compared. Anyhow, those of you who realize what the Peta's and Human Societies ultimate goal is please try an educate a few friends!!