If you're in private business and you can't make profit enough to survive, you trim fat.

WDFW is top heavy with people who essentially do very little compared with what they contribute. Has been for a long time. It's typical of most government agencies. But with Kelly's approach of creating more top management (Remember Ron Warren's "promotion") and without any real change to business as usual, I sure as hell have no inclination to pay more for the opportunity to fish.

Hunters may feel differently, I can't speak for that, since I don't hunt anymore. But I consider myself an average guy when it comes to fishing in this state. I'm not made of money and I sure don't feel like my interests are really being considered anymore by the Commission nor the administration of WDFW.

Gov. Inslee is attempting to backdoor a rate increase, just like he has with a lot of other things. He was quite happy that he funded his failed Presidential run on the taxpayers back.

I can't help but suspect that Dir. Susewind has participated in the formation of this effort as well. It goes without saying that rather than look for real solutions, Kelly's approach echos that of his predecessors, which is: KEEP THINGS SECRET AND GET MORE MONEY OUT OF THE RECREATIONAL ANGLERS, THEY ARE, AFTER ALL, WDFW'S CASH COW!

I am in full agreement with Salmo on this: Everyone who has had their fill of underhanded, back door moves like this, and the results we've seen from our (loose "our") Commission and the Department need to voice their opposition to your representatives and those in the Environment and Natural Resource Committee and the Ways and Means Committees of both houses.

It's glaringly obvious that attending meetings and giving testimony in front of the Commission and to representatives of the Department has very little worth, if any at all anymore.

Our vote is the only real power you have left as a private citizen it seems.

Here is a link with information on how to contact your State Representatives:

CONTACT YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVES

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)