I don't mind buying licenses for either hunting or fishing. Since I buy out of state, the cost is totally the issue. But, there has to be some resource to interact with. I don't have to actually catch fish, but I need to see them rising or striking. I don't need to kill deer/ducks/geese but I do have to see animals that are legal and in range.

One of my gripes is that I like to walk and wade fish, even in lakes and ponds. WA is doing a fairly goof job of producing boat-based fisheries. I get seasick too easily to enjoy boats. If I found some nice fishing. especially closeby, I would be doing it.

WDFW needs to figure out how to get people out fishing and hunting. Especially how to get people started.

Smalma often reminisces about Lowland Lakes OD. I remember that the bios used to go out, sample the lakes, and report it in the paper. Then report the results. And there were derbies, "breakfasts", and the like. It was Big Deal. As was OD for hunting with reports and so on. The agency acts as if they wish the users would just go away.