Like everything, the truth about the attack, it need to have been done and effectiveness may take years to be understood. I, for one, hope I don't know all the evidence. I hope there is more going on then the public knows. If not, our intelligence, and probably its effectiveness is junk.
Take the withdrawal from Turkey. Everyone was freaking out. But just a few days later we found the location of a ISIS leader in the region and took him out with a drone attack. During the withdrawal, there were a bunch of ISIS fighters that supposedly escaped. Are the incidents related? I don't know, neither should I. What we see is not alway what is going on in real life. My own father was manipulated by the US in Europe in his 20's and did not realize what had actually happened until he was in his late 60's. Still did not know the extent when he died, just that they had used him, and then orchestrated his leaving Europe.

In any case, why is are we not hearing about Turkey anymore?
Did Iran actually shoot down the airliner by mistake?
My guess is that this too, will be blown over within the week. Mainly because I think Iran did shoot down the airliner by mistake. And we have the proof. That brings up the question of how Iran made the mistake. Did we compromise their computers or radar system? Anything is possible, and all the idiots here and else where making claims they know the whole story are just, well.... idiots.