I know a little and this is a huge generalization and not scientific.The Chambers Creek stock was/is considered an early component return group. End of Nov. done by around 1st of Jan. They raised and fit well not to mix with the later wilds and provided a good early harvest for recs. So well, the WDFW began to spread them all over the state. Well, research, economics, lawsuits and different ideas stepped in and pretty much eliminated them to be used the way they had been. Mix in a bunch more current environmental, economic, and predators feasting on them and you get what we have today, few fish and closed seasons. If the WDFW would get off their ass and complete some hatchery management plans for the rest of the Puget Sound rivers maybe the Chambers stock might find a place somewhere to provide that early opportunity again for us recs. I am generally a pessimist anymore because I got in on the good PS and state wide experience years ago, and today have to deal with all the closures and lack of "Opportunity". But, I do have some optimism, that in the future, before I can't physically root around on the river bank anymore, I could catch a hatchery Steelhead around Christmas time on the Puyallup or Green rivers. I'm sure the science details will follow.