Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser
Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser
Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
March 31, 1996 below Jim's Rock on the Sky. 7 lb native buck released. Clown spin n glo with a little dab of red yarn. I got into the steelhead game at around 14yrs old. I had fished months without sign of a fish and I will forever remember the day that fish came up and boiled on the surface. My Dad and I took on steelhead fishing completely DIY and after reading hundreds of articles about this fish of 1000 casts and challenging high, emerald green rivers, for the elusive winter run it was one of life's greatest accomplishments for a kid who didn't have a clue what he was doing. Growing up trout fishing rivers helped as far as recognizing water a fish may hold or pass through. Good memories.....

Bent-

My largest steelhead "captured" in the state of washington was just a couple years later in the same spot....well down at what we used to call the trailer hole which was the rip rap below and across from jims rock. Mid to high 20s with a snow white belly and black topped buck. Truly a once in a lifetime steelhead. Hooked a bigger one about 10 years ago in front of Jody's old place where the two channels come together above thunderbird. So many incredible memories from the Sky, my home river. smile

I'm not sure what year it was, but I remember fishing that stretch and a driftboat was pulling plugs(I think) at the trailer hole and hooked a monster that took them down to Taylor to land. Was there a couple guys fishing on the bank at the time? I'm sure we have crossed paths, you look familiar, might have chatted on the ' Chuck and another S River. I live 400 miles from the Sky, but still consider it my fav, lots of good memories

We were pulling plugs from a black Willie boat and took a very long time to land. Took us way down too.

Fished the Sky and Sultan River alot. Fished the Chuck a good amount too. Always ran into the same guys and knew the locals, maybe not always by name but face. Likely ran into you. smile

I fished all three religiously, think I talked to you at Osprey on that S River. Man, the years fly by....