Fishing for me was a move to save myself from self destruction and a bad addiction. I found myself at Chubby and Tubby on Rainier ave. years ago staring at a Browning All in One pre packaged fly fishing kit for a 5 wt. I bought it, drove to the Tolt River and found a rock, read the directions, made a cast, and proceeded to SLAY smolts left and right, I’m sure I hooked a 100 before I left that day....I saved myself! Not along afterwards I heard about steelhead and tried to catch them from then on, not wanting to waste any more gas on trout...they had to be 10# or nothing! Soooo after a few years, a winter hen at IRS on my hand tied fly, that was my first steelhead landed! ...after too many hooked and lost after I went full on BASSMASTERS and proceeded to loose fish after fish not knowing how to just let the fish take it! My first summer kicked my first winters ass! That was caught at the Dorman Rd run below Big Eddy, that fish almost spooled me and I caught it all on video smile I watch it from time to time if open the lap top ...that reel is scream in’ ! Since then I’ve really enjoyed just being “a part of it”and not the lucky guy who always lands fish, I actually really enjoy the photography aspect and getting a nice shot, I unfortunately don’t have the most talented friend around when I do catch one smile lol. Cheers Playa’s

Edited by bhudda (04/10/20 01:14 AM)