Originally Posted By: Streamer
Gold and silver continue to prove their worth as investment strategies. Better than maintaining fiat dollars backed by consumer faith and corruption/inflation.

Jump on the bandwagon to make some dough. Laugh all you want. I’m laughing my way to plenty of portfolio growth and early retirement.

Let's look at the numbers, shall we?

Over the last 5 years, silver is up 62 percent. Over the last year, silver is up 44 percent. Over the last 30 days, silver is up 30 percent.

Over the last 5 years, gold is up 80 percent. Over the last year, gold is up 38 percent. Over the last 30 days, gold is up 10 percent.

Over the last 5 years, Amazon is up 480 percent. Over the last year, Amazon is up 64 percent. Over the last 30 days, Amazon is up 10 percent.

But yeah - fiat currency, corruption, derp, derp. You'd have to be a fuckin' retard to think you'd have been better off lumping around your precious metals instead of just buying Amazon. The numbers don't lie.

Metals are part of any balanced portfolio, sure, but they aren't of much real value. Their value is perceived, just like your dolla bills. Harder than paper currency, for sure, but if you want hard currency, buy a cow.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames