01/11/2022

Coulda, shoulda, woulda......As I've said, numerous times on here, WDFW heads should have "rolled".

Tom Pentt, Jerry Paveltich and others did many things in the late 70's to start the ball rolling to utilize the Wynoochee River. Those 2 gentlemen and others in the Grays Harbor Chapter of NW Steelheaders did lots for GH fisheries, Summer run steelhead, was 1 one them, the Chapter took donations for fish food, for 2 years until WDFW took over the project.

As others have said, there was plans for a major hatchery below the dam....lack of movement by mainly WDFW, that went down the toilet, next plan was mini hatchery, got shot down, then "holding ponds"....nope. The money was there "twice", for fish enhancement on the Wynoochee. The fight still goes on but at this time not 1 fish has been raised from the now 30 year old Wynoochee Mitigation Plan.

WDFW needs "some people that want to do", don't tell me how busy WDFW staff has been......2+ years of hiding from the public, using "tele conferencing's" to get public....then WDFW taking 1/2+ the time "talking about wolf, bear, help increasing the budget, no time left for public input on Wild Steelhead and "Who the hell decided these meetings should be only 1 hour long??????

Is there a 10+ year plan on increasing Wild Steelhead???? I've not seen anything.
Are the hatcheries going to continue to raise winter steelhead, and continue to have many Region 6 Rivers closed......seems like a waste to me....

another rant completed.......but I have more!!!!!

"I thought growing older, would take longer"