Damned it General ZOg, you beat me to the punch. I used to belong to a whitewater club. We used to do alot of whitewatering. Used to run kayaks and cats on the upper Nisqually. Yeah, I'd say puckers ville in a driftboat. But way up there it's true clas 4/5 whitewater, which is impasilbe with a driftboat no matter whaat a person says. Alot of the clas 4/5's I've run have quite literaly submerged my 16' cat. You submerge a 16' DB and you aren't gonna pop back up like I will smile . I will add this to. Back in my kayak days, Ii've had a handful of friends die on clas 4/5's. One of the main reasons I got out of kayaks. Remember personally seeinnga friend drop off a verticle and not come back up. Luckily we were able to get him out, but the friends of mine that had died weren't accessible without killing us too. Just my disclaaimer, a solid class 4/5 is wicked stuff. It takes alot of strss out of i with 16' cat, but I have a video from our old club showing I do believe an 18' cat literally being thrown 4-5 feet into the air from the compression oof being sucked innto a hydraulic on a clas 4/5. YES, 4 to 5 FEET!!!!

Now, onto drifts. Upper sky Boulder drop. Bear creek/sapho on Duc, Flaming Geyser oon the Green, Upper Toutle are good soliid 4's. Ii do have an older whitewater manual somewhere that llists all whitewater rivers in WA and how to run them and what slots to take. It even lists by mile what classes of rier you are running and for how long you will be in the "zone". Ii still think they'd print it. I may have to buy another one, got rid of some stuff once my kids were born. Had to dwnscale the whitewatering when thy wwer born, and th hunting, an the fishing LOL. I'm more of a fisherman so use my extra time, which isn't much sine i'm asingle Dad, to Fish. I do believe it's called the whitewater guide to Washington Rivers. Check a barnes and nobles, I'm sure thy have it, or go to Amazon books.

I'm actually getting the itch again to d some serious whitewatering. Ii'm an adrenaline junky anyways. Just need to get back into shape once these damned injuries are commpletely healed. Oh yeah, you want a true but puckerer???? I have a picture of a budy running the colorado, all you can see of his 18 foot raft is his helmuted head, the top of his lifevest, and his hands on his cataract oars. All you really see is muddy water al around him and Larry oarin to keep him sel upright. Pretty wild stuff adn i plan on doingit someday.

Northwest River Fisherman