Vise-president of second tier aerospace machine shop is what pays the bills currently.
I fancy myself as a plant manager or operations manager with electroplating experience and manufacturing engineer training. Former owner of a bullet manufacturer in fife.

Also do consulting on ballistics projects for bullet designers around the country. Crew chief on a street stock race car (no pay) and do automotive work out of my garage. Paint, body, engines and performance enhancement.
The machine shop has been swamped as of late. We have quoted more work in the last four months than the previous twelve and po's just keep rolling in. One particular non-aerospace project will revolutionize torque transfer and speed control of electric motors. The finest product I've ever seen.

A college course taught me that 90% of the jobs in the private sector are filled before they are advertised because of networking. Now that I know that there are some mechanical folks on the board I have another resource when we need a new employee or two. Or perhaps I will find a new career with one of you folks.