Busy, here's my thoughts on what happened to the Cedar and almost every other one of the the metro area rivers, more fisherman back then didn't care if it was a wild fish, for example my dad and uncle and several of their buddys always say the same ol line man I remember how good the puyallup used to be or how the nisqually was the greatest native steelhead river they've ever fished, but in the same sentence "brag" about how many punch cards they used to fill on these rivers. My math isn't the greatest, but add up the fisherman per season on any one of these streams and multiply this by an average 5 to 10 maybe even more wild fish per season and the number of harvested fish adds up fast. I am 24 years old now and for the first 10 years of my fishing I was taught to kill regardless, releasing fish was unheard of to my dad or uncle or their friends therefore I thought that this was O.K. The last 5 or so years after my first trip to the o.p. I have learned how precious these fish are and how wonderful it is to still be able to experience this. I think we need to take the initiative to preserve what we still have, and only time will repair the damage that so many caused in the past. Yeah it's legal to fill your punch cards and it's legal to kill 5 wild fish on certain streams but ask ourselves "do we really need to?" I think this is the mentality of most younger fisherman. evil evil evil