Quote:
I talked with a fish counter one day on the Snoqualmie about re-opening the Cedar. He suggested or was already being talked about, a lottery type system where you had to be drawn to get a license to fish the river. This would limit the amount of pressure. It is such a small river that something had to be done to limit the amount of people.
This sounds like an enforcement nightmare. The way I see it is have it open to everyone or not at all.
The way it stands now, if a fish cop sees someone fishing he knows they're in the wrong. If it opens on a lottery system. They have to go down and check each and every person to see if they're supposed to be there. Which the ones that aren't will see them coming and slip away.

I feel the same way with C&R rivers as well. Do you know how many fish get stashed in the bushes on these? Fish cop drives by or walks by and see people fishing thinks nothing of it. Now if it were closed totally they'd be toast for being there. Not to mention the mortality rate on endangered fish, who's status made it catch and release.