John Lee,

Thanks for your contributions regarding the Israeli/Palistinian factor that seems so little understood by many Americans. It's obvious to much of the rest of the world, which I think is why other nations don't support us. But then the Israeli/Palistinian situation is reported differently elsewhere. It's either under-reported or strongly biased is the U.S. I think that's why so many Americans don't seem to understand the connection.

It has been my feeling for some time that the U.S. could by one action improve its image throughout the Arab and Muslim world almost overnight. If the U.S. contributed, measure for measure, to the Palistinians, every thing that it contributes to Israel, the political reasons for Arab hatred of the U.S. would evaporate. Of course such an action would be very dangerous, since much of what we contribute to Israel is military weapons and equipment. In that environment, there is a real possibility that the Palistinians and Israelis would turn each other and the landscape they occupy into dust. Nonetheless, I'm convinced that it's the U.S.' blatant, one-sided, blind support of Israel and disregard of Palistinians that engenders most Arab and Muslim hate of the U.S.

Your analogy with South African apartheid is a good one.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.