Most interesting thing I saw, happened at Nootka Sound. We stay at a friends cabin that sits back in a cove. There are always Bald Eagles there. Just as we entered the cove entrance one day, I watched a young Eagle take off from a rock on the right side of the cabin and an adult take off from a tree on the left. The adult nailed the young-one in mid air with a big WHAP!! The young-one ended up in the water dazed. We were ready to go pull it out when it started flapping and swimming to shore. The wife of the cabin owner said they had lived there for a many years and that was the 1st time she had ever seen/heard that happen.

As far as the Jigs on the Samish. Don't get me started. Yes I have fished with them. I will also tell you that there are better fisherman up there than me. I have netted well over 100 fish the last 2 years for people. I have also taken the time to OBSERVE close up fish hooked using Eggs and those hooked with Jigs. I will say some fish are lined just like I see more fish tail hooked, fin hooked etc off eggs(and lined). A lot gets into who is using what and how good they are. What I would like some of you "ALL KNOWING" brains to explain are the jigs I've seen buried down the throat, the fish hooked in the roof of the mouth and the tap-tap-tap, set and the hook is buried deep in the mouth. Also the fact that I have seen Jigs moved in on people just like I have seen the same thing with Eggs. So keeping with the theme.

The fishermen that think they have all the answers and know everything!!!

Me, I'm not totally convinced either way.