Grandpa I thuroughly disagree. The issue of wild steelhead release has been hashed over time and time again in public testimony. The comission should not have to have a special comment period to let people hash it over again.

I believe that killing a wild steelhead is wrong and worthy of criminal status and the law should read that way. I don't care if that means no one ever gets to keep a steelhead ever again.

when i say somoene is ignotant i do not mean it as a belittleing statement . I mean it just as the word is defined. Someone who doesn't know what they are doing due to lack of knowledge or skill. That's all I don't mean anything else.

I have said several times and believe it whole heartedly that with all hatchery steelhead in this state which are pleanted in nearly every stream in the state that no one needs to harvest a wild s teelhead let alone 5 per year.
I think keeping one is an act of greed. I think being greedy when the future of your sport is in danger is a stupid thing to do. If we keep doing it, i say we because the people who do it make all of us as sport anglers collectively guilty, then all rivers are gonna be like the Washougal in very short order. It's already starting to happen..

again I don't think anyone should ever keep a wild steelhead ever again anywhere regardless of how healthy the run is, why?? because we have hundreds of thousands of hatchery fish made specifically for that purpose.

Grandpa.. I apprecciate whatever work you have done. I just have yet to hear any explanation for being opposed to making everyone release all wild steelhead..

The reason I say things the way I do is because no one listenes. until they have to.

It took us 10 years of begging , pleading,yelling screaming and writting to get the Washougal closed to wild steelhead harvest. WDFW wouldn't listen not until the rivers summer run was in total collapse runs of 200 fish or less were common. through the late 70's and 80's. I fear that happening on the Penninsula. Sad thing is it's already starting to happen. again were it not for ONP they'd be there already
I guess in short I am yelling and carrying on because you guys apparently don't see it happening because you still got good numbers up there. when i look at the skagit and see it is supposed to have 6000 fish i just sit back and wish the top 10 rivers i fish had 6000 among them. with so much other pressure on these fish why would an angler who cares about the future want to harvest one or stop a law that would end harvest from happening?????