Gutz - fishing or not, many people just don't know how to have a 'good time' that does not involve alcohol.

When I come accross guys like that (drunk, beligerant, dropping the f-bomb every other word, etc) I just move on and tell my kids as we go "rembember how we don't call people 'idiots', well, this is one of few times that we can..."

But in their defense, sometimes they are just too drunk to realize how stupid they are acting (sounds kinda obvious, but whatever). Once at a Mariners game some guys were drinking and cussing non-stop while sitting right behind me, my wife, and kids. If it was just me I would have hardly noticed or cared, but I was raised to have respect for those around me - especially women, kids, and the elderly. So I asked them (being polite) to tone it down for my wife and kids sake. They were very apologetic and we didn't have any further problems. I think the beer gives people tunnel vision in that all they see is themselves and their buddies. Rednecks need it so they can have 'beer goggles' so the nasty chick with missing teeth and fat roles hanging out her too tight half length tank top magically dissapear