Well it looks like another Northwest Fishing show has been removed from the air.
The best of “Fishing the West” ran on the Fox Sports Northwest channel for quite a long time but has now been take’ in off. I emailed their web site and they told me they had no plans to put it back on the air any time soon. They also said that the show was not available on DVD either. So I guess another one bites the dust.
I’m glad I got about 47 of these shows burned to DVD before they pulled the plug on them.
Hawg Quest seems to be the only Northwest Fishing show still being aired and I hope they stay around awhile.
I was going through some of my old VHS tapes and I found about 8 hours of a show from 1991 called “Fishing illustrated Northwest”. It was a cool show where they would have local fishing experts come in to their studio and demonstrate fishing techniques. I recall one of the guest was Dick Johnson of Kingston Tackle fame. I managed to get all of these programs edited down to two DVD’s.
The TV show that I would love to find, but it remains a mystery is the “Outdoors Sportsman” that stared Jim Conway. I would like to find out who hold the rights to these old films and push for them to release these to DVD.
Does anyone remember these old shows ?
Does anyone remember some other Northwest Fishing shows ?

Don
Pacific Northwest Fishing Golden Years (Web Site)