Originally Posted By: parker
 Originally Posted By: Rafterman
Parker, Are you getting a new one from Springfield Armory or did you go through the CMP?

CMP. Correct Grade. Harrington & Richardson.

The Springfield SN's for this grade are pretty high. Very unlikely that any of those guns were built before or during WWII.

I felt like I had a better shot at getting a WWII veteran rifle with the H&R. I'd love to have a gun that saw service in WWII. We'll see.

My Uncle has a 1911 that saw service in WWI. That's World War UNO! He's taken it all apart and put one of those stupid rifle barrels over the lower receiver. Ugh. He's the kinda of guy that would sell it tomorrow, if he wanted something else. Of course, I keep telling him not to sell it and to not mess it up, as I'd love to see it stay in the family. It's a truly cool 1911.

Originally Posted By: deerslayer
idk parker they look a little different to me

Yup. The top one won't shoot for crap past 25 yards. It's built with a short, light barrel, has optics with no magnification, has a stock that collapses (urban combat), has the front "hand hold". Really, more a point-n-shoot, or spray-n-pray kind of rifle. Really good for when those zombies are IN CLOSE! Oh yeah, and it even has the notch in the barrel for the M203 grenade launcher. I need to get one of those. ;\)

The other rifle has a longer, heavier HBAR barrel. It has a 3x12 scope and a Harris Bipod on the front. I'll have the trigger worked on a bit. I'm hoping to dial it in to hit a flees ass at 200 yards. Should be really good for those long range shots at zombies.

Not too sure what I'm going to do with the new Garand. I'll probably get a bayonet for it, and if I'm ever charged by small animals or children, I can just skewer them all up on the bayonet. Hell, a good butt-stroking by the M1 wouldn't be a bad call, either. Nothing says love like kissing the ass end of an M1.

I just picked up 500 rounds for both the M4 and the M1.

Zombies, beware!

\:D

really are they that unaccurate like that?

i really wanna get one for varmint hunting. i was checking them out at the range the other day and they guys that were there had come badass guns.