BLADES!!! BLADES!!! BLADES!!!

I found this on another site. I am soooooo, sooooooo, sorry honey. frown

"Just got my car towed back to my house from Chris's shop. The diagnoses is not good. We tested the ignition system and everything is good there. We then decided to do the compression test. This did not turn out so well. 3 of the 6 cylinders are running 175 for compression. 2 of them were around 155-160 and then cylinder number 3 (the one that was having the most misfires) had a big fat 0. Thats right, a 0. We looked into it further and concluded that I indeed have a blown head gasket and also have fried the piston rings. Woopty Freaken Do."

"Many things can lead to a blown head gasket but water injection coming on a few PSI to early is not going to be one of them unless the extra boost leads to a already weak stock headgasket blowing.

And it appears from what I have found The Audi and VW have a weak stock headgasket prone to Premature Head Gasket Failure. If your going to replace it I would go with a Felpro set. Engine out is always easier than trying to do this stuff with it in. If it was just the headgasket I would leave it in. Your misfires were probably coming from coolant leaking into the combustion chamber. You really won't know if the piston rings are bad until the heads are off. "

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies." Katie (from Horton Hears a Who - 2008)