ColeyG,

I'm ready now so save that seat! Pinks seem to be the only fish I can catch lately.

Concerning the season change. I've been a pain to Fish and Wildlife staff trying to get them to give me the information that ACTUALLY shows it should be closed early. Numerous calls and still no actual information. Mill Creek public meeting tomorrow night for input, just wish they could have given me some information so I could give my two cents! They, (Fish and Wildlife), have proposed closing eight Puget Sound rivers early for protecting wild steelhead. My beef is there just isn't much info on the Nooksack, the other rivers for the most part are listed as "Depressed runs", the Nooksack on the other hand is listed as "Unknown". I contacted the tribe and talked with their bio, nice guy. He said that yes the run had dropped in number on the tribs they counted. Although, because of the visibility they could not do accurate counts on the main river and forks. I continue to do pretty well those last few weeks so I question the reason for the closing. As you said, those are the best thing Bellingham has going for it. So bottom line, they are going to take it away and until enough information can be obtained it will be closed. I would guess for MANY years to come. frown

Wria Won, sorry about hijacking your topic. Email me directly and I'll give you the scoop the best I can on sections to run and which ones are tough.

Fishbreath