Well, just a short rant.
Up finishing the archery elk season this weekend and did pretty good. managed to fill some tags and a few freezers. Fun hunt and good friends as well but the weekend was slightly tainted but some B.S. move by a three dudes and a toyota.
My bro was hunting and dropped a cow right in her bed. Good stalk all by himself as we were hunting another mountain. Pretty exciting. He dumps her with a neck shot, punches his tag and starts to run back to call and get some help. On his way out about 200 yards from the elk he runs into these three dudes. They ask him how it is going so he B.S.'s them like any hunter would but they know he had one down as he was all bloody with missing arrows. Whatever...
So he runs out and gives us a call. At that point we start coming to help but it takes us about an hour to get there. We meet him and start back in for the elk. We get to the spot and guess what......No elk. Just guts and a bloody drag mark out to this road.
Who pulls that type of move. If you are a member......your lucky we did not catch you in the act. And you should likely sell your truck or change hunting area because we know what you drive. You dont want to meet up with any of our crew after that move. Just who does that. No class and if you learn to hunt....you could get your own elk.
Well besides that the hunting was good. We took care of my bro and he has half my elk but has anyone ever heard of that crap. I guess the bottom line is not to leave your animal but a steaming dead elk with a tag in her mouth most people would leave alone.