Flex,
like it or not with the exception of the random guy that buys it on the beach any fish that is sold by the tribe if not reported by the tribe is reported by the buyers if the buyers would like to continue to buy fish. it is up to the tribes to regulate themselves because we have no say anymore if ever we did. i would say cut the buyers off but that doesnt work ive seen that before there is nothing sadder than thousands of pounds of fish sitting in crates rotting because either nobody will by them or the price is $0.10 or less a pound. That still wont stop them from fishing them.
The other problem that has gone on over in the op is poaching both by the tribe and the white man. i know one tribe that has a new guy who has gone after the tribal side of the poaching, not a well liked man down there but a good man. I wouldnt want to be in his shoes. But we are just as bad, some of the C&R that i have seen (dropping a fish on the rocks 10ft from the water and then kicking it back to the river is not good practice), and just hearing people tell me flat out that they kept more than there one (when they shouldnt be keeping any) is out of control as well. Be mad at the people who set the rules or those that dont stand up for what is right, the tribes have the right to fish, (i know there is some political stuff that went on behind the scenes on this but,) if we continue to keep fish out of the op rivers are we not just as much to blame. For instance just using random numbers dont know exact but im just using this to prove a point. On the Quiluite system lets say there are 3,000 fishermen during the wild winter run and 30% didnt practice C&R and everybody only kept there one fish thats still 900 fish killed by sportsman. 900 fish is too many fish for whiteman or tribe, both parties need to knock this sh$t off let them go for a while and see where it ends up.

Joe Ewing
www.northweststeelheading.com
info@northweststeelheading.com