Yep, the tribes on the nooksack make the best of their nets. This october I took a local WDFW employee and local fishing guide down the nooksack from nuggents corner all the way out to the mouth past marietta. This was a NON netting day and i believe we counted something like 30 nets. This was a combination of active, still currently fishing nets and derelict nets. The majority of the active nets were from around the slater rd. bridge down to the mouth. (The skummis). The majority of the derelict nets were closer to Nuggents corner (The nutsacks)

It was amazing to see the amount of nets below the marietta bridge. There is also a massive 'logjam' just downstream of the bridge that bottlenecks the entire nooksack down into an 8' wide chute. I say 'logjam' because its looks like nature had a little help unless dimensional lumber and construction material grow in the river in large amounts. And not to my surprise, there were nets across both the chute and logjam.

We got pictures of all the nets and GPS locations and turned them in to higher ups and the WDFW. If it would make believers out of people I'll post the pics up here with permission from the moderators.

Only good news, there's so little fish left in the sack right now those netters aren't getting very many. I just PRAY they make sure those native steelies get up the crik okay. The few that are left are truly a gorgeous looking strain of fish.